No announcement yet.

GGG Has never ever been hurt to the body or ever dropped

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    GGG has fought a lot of solid guys (idk how many top ten guys doe cuz I don't really count that sh^t) despite people sh^tting on his resume. I mean ffs who's got a better MW resume right now then GGG?

Canelo is the only guy who's got an argument & he's been f#cking around with that whole 155 deal + hasn't beaten as many quality guys @ MW & if you take Cotto off the list, Cotto being a guy who's lost damn near every major fight he's been in, also worth noting, it looks like complete dogsh^t real fast & his 2nd best MW opponent is probably a JMW or JCC Jr.
    You may have missed what I was saying. The guy throws out a statement like "eight top 10 MW's". Well, who are we talking about here? Does that list include Rosado? Wade? Who are we talking about?

I'm not interested in bashing Golovkin. I never have been. But, I see a lot of goofy stuff said to bolster the guy like the thing I quoted. As if we don't know who he's been facing.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      You may have missed what I was saying. The guy throws out a statement like "eight top 10 MW's". Well, who are we talking about here? Does that list include Rosado? Wade? Who are we talking about?

I'm not interested in bashing Golovkin. I never have been. But, I see a lot of goofy stuff said to bolster the guy like the thing I quoted. As if we don't know who he's been facing.
      Fair enough.

Well looking at his boxrec I got Jacobs (32-1), Davy L (34-2), Murray (29-1-1), Geale (30-2) & Macklin (29-4) as being for sure top ten guys at the time of their fights with GGG. So that's 5 guys.

From there we got a few guys I could see being in that 8th to 10th spot at the time like Wade (18-0), Monroe (19-1), Rubio (59-6-1), Stevens (25-3), Rosado (21-5) & Proksa (28-1), but I wouldn't dare to guess with too much confidence who the other 3 are while not thinking it outrageous there could be 3 more top ten guys he fought among these cats.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
        Canelo is a much better fighter than Jacobs man
        Canelo is more proven, for sure. I'm thinking we'll have to wait and see what the future holds for both Canelo and Jacobs before we can tell who is better. I tend to agree with the poster above who reckons that Jacobs may be a more difficult stylistic match-up for GGG though - hindsight's a wonderful thing, ain't it?

Myself I'm not seeing how Canelo is going to slow Golovkin down to a pace he can manage for 12 rounds. I expect to see some good counters early from the Mexican, but increasingly there just won't be enough of them to stem the tide IMO. In general Canelo hasn't shown much ability to control the pace of his fights or good use of the ring, despite some impressive timing, handspeed and upper body movement. I'm not thinking that will be enough. I am probably biased though.

Comment

Has he ever fought anyone as good as Canelo?
          Nope

But than Canelo has never fought anyone as dangerous as Golovkin. He's never fought anyone as big apart from full time pot head and part time boxer Chavez.

Canelo has fought excellent fighters like Floyd but GGG is a different prospect altogether. Not as great as Floyd, but much more dangerous.

Both guys are bringing something different to each other.

Also, Canelo might be better than Jacobs, but I think the style of Jacobs is worse for GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
            Canelo is more proven, for sure. I'm thinking we'll have to wait and see what the future holds for both Canelo and Jacobs before we can tell who is better. I tend to agree with the poster above who reckons that Jacobs may be a more difficult stylistic match-up for GGG though - hindsight's a wonderful thing, ain't it?

Myself I'm not seeing how Canelo is going to slow Golovkin down to a pace he can manage for 12 rounds. I expect to see some good counters early from the Mexican, but increasingly there just won't be enough of them to stem the tide IMO. In general Canelo hasn't shown much ability to control the pace of his fights or good use of the ring, despite some impressive timing, handspeed and upper body movement. I'm not thinking that will be enough. I am probably biased though.
            GGG is not a fighter with big out put or great stamina Either.

Comment

Originally posted by Canelo and GGG View Post
              GGG is not a fighter with big out put or great stamina Either.

Comment

Originally posted by T18Z View Post
                so he wasnt tired in Ouma fight in Jacobs figh? in Brook fight (it was only couple of rounds) and it was visable how he was breathing in the corner ,Nelo was never visable gassed.

Comment

I'm sure ggg has been hurt but hides it well.
                  He's wobbled before hasn't he from head shot? Kov wobb!ed once against ward and people say he was on verge of being stopped without ref needing to intervene.

Comment

Canelo is a much better fighter than Jacobs man
                    Debatable but head to head Jacobs would beat canelo and Jacobs is tougher style match up for GGG.

Jacobs has height and reach and can move around

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                      I'm sure ggg has been hurt but hides it well.
                      He's wobbled before hasn't he from head shot? Kov wobb!ed once against ward and people say he was on verge of being stopped without ref needing to intervene.
                      yea he was wobbled by left hook from some turkish guy ,also hurt by Brook but both hurt him to the head ,imo Canelo can hurt him bad with good combo or uppercut

Comment

Working...
                      X