Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An experienced boxer wants to spar me. I'm a beginner. Should I still spar him?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr.MojoRisin' View Post
    I've never seen anyone that has never sparred before, spar someone experienced and do good.
    Should I decline?

Comment

no, get in there. Sparring is a different kettle of fish than mitts and bag. Most people can look good on the mitts, why? because it doesnt hit back

Just spar, dont over think, use your jab find your range. dont need to throw slick 6 punch combos. Jab and slip, double jab, move around get relaxed to actually fighting

Comment

Does that person know you've never sparred? Id say if you've never sparred you will get creamed. Even if you have boxing knowledge in the heat of the battle is a whole nother ball game. You should touch spar first and get used to the punches coming at you..

Comment

Originally posted by punchr View Post
          Should I decline?
          I mean...its up to you. Most likely you won't do to good.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.MojoRisin' View Post
            You better go hard if you do spar with him. Don't let him take advantage of you. Make him regret picking on you.
            lmao you low key trying to get his ass beat

Comment

Originally posted by punchr View Post
              Should I decline?
              just be respectful and say you want to learn. Don't front and act hard when in reality you are making posts on a forum about being scared (even though you said you weren't). A lot of dudes want respect but haven't earned it. well truth be told this guy can probably kick your ass so be real and let him know. if you want to be ballsy and go out on your shield then by all means do it but that's up to you. but at the end of the day, you wouldn't "decline" if you weren't scared.

I run into these clowns at work all the time, they act hard and talk **** but you call them out and they never answer. You meet them in the parking lot 1 on 1 and they try and befriend you. When you have boxed for a long time you start to understand that nobody that goes home and watches TV every night while cracking beers is going to have a chance in hell against even a decent amatuer, these little things such as lack of respect start to piss you off. Especially when you have beat on said guys in the gym numerous times.
              Last edited by them_apples; 05-24-2017, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
                lmao you low key trying to get his ass beat
                He's never sparred before and most fighters shell up and don't throw a lot of punches when sparring the first time. From what OP said it sounds like the dude is trying to take advantage of him and turn him into a punching bag. I've never seen an experienced fighter challenge someone with no experience to spar. The coach is the one that should be setting up OP's sparring.

Comment

Working...
                X