Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Many ATG's In Their Prime Had Floyd & Manny Beat In Their Careers?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Many ATG's In Their Prime Had Floyd & Manny Beat In Their Careers?

Manny: Marquez, Barrera = 2

Floyd: Def not Hatton, Nor Corrales.. Maybe Castillo? = 0?

Prime Barrera was KTFO by Junior Jones.

Comment

Well how many ATGs have we had the past 15 years? Not many at all

Comment

zero atgs in their prime. maybe jmm but a lot of ppl think pac has yet to beat the guy and floyd beat him at a catchweight. i dont think jlc will go down as an atg

Comment

Pacquaio has Barrera.

Mayweather has no one.

Comment

Oscar will go down likely as an ATG. Both fought and beat him... Floyd beat a younger, bigger, slightly out of prime Oscar, in a smaller ring, with the gloves Oscar wanted and pretty much everything else Oscar wanted. Both of them made their careers off of Oscar. Floyd has not pushed himself through his career, and could have easily topped the ATG list. The question I ask myself is that in this day and age when there's more doping going on, money and promoters run everything, etc is this. Is it really worth it to push yourself for a legacy? When you're dead, you don't know how or what people think of you as a fighter. If I made 30 or 40 million a fight fighting guys like Cotto, who are dangerous, but you know you are favored against and are all but sure you can beat. Why risk your health by moving up to say 160 to fight a Martinez or another puncher who you could possibly get hurt against?

I don't think Floyd cares about what people think about his legacy. He's not going to go down as one of the top 5, 10, 20 atg's... BUT he will ALWAYS have those who make a case for why he should be there based on talent.

Let's take a look at the wonderful lives of just a few of the ATG's after their careers ended.

Ali-Parkinsons
            Louis-went out poor and suffered dementia, paranoia
            Manny-"supposed" signs of Parkinsons and after that KO will be lucky to not wind up permanently damaged.

Can anyone name a fighter who has made it out of this sport who doesn't slur his speech, **** his pants, has Parkinsons or some other sort of condition? ATG or not, all of them are human lives and it makes a case as to why getting PED's out of this sport is, or should be of the utmost importance.

To answer the question however... Corrales was thought to be a huge test for Floyd, many picked him to lose by KO. It wasn't that he won, but his complete domination. Hernandez was a very good win for Floyd and Oscar as well for a guy who was already a small WW, let alone a JMW. Castillo? His record does not suggest his skill level in his prime IMO. I feel like this was a very good win. You have to look beyond paper what is on these guys lists though and more watching of their actual fights.

Manny? Well i'm biased and feel his "rise" was largely tainted by the catchweights, same type style fighters and based off the way he defeated these guys he was going to steamroll little JMM, only to get a boxing lesson in #3 and was lucky to wake up at all in #4. A fifth fight for him could mean real problems.

Comment

Floyd is a better ATG simply because he has no losses he's smarter inside and outside the ring despite the hate towards him he is the biggest draw in boxing....you cant have a serious boxing conversation without mentioning floyd

Comment

Originally posted by smifnwessun View Post
                Floyd is a better ATG simply because he has no losses he's smarter inside and outside the ring despite the hate towards him he is the biggest draw in boxing....you cant have a serious boxing conversation without mentioning floyd
                Really? It seems more and more like you can't have a serious boxing discussion while mentioning him.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  Pacquaio has Barrera.

Mayweather has no one.
                  Juan is an ATG after what he did with Pac, and Floyd made him look foolish! I could careless about the weight issue! Floyd made him look SOOOOO BAD, that it was VERY much clear, that the speed, and skills, was the reason he lost! Besides that, Floyd didnt even use his size advantage to wrestle him around! He just outboxed, the second best boxer/counter puncher of this era from the outsides!

Comment

Boxingscene is a real funny place sometimes. This guy makes a tread identical to 1 that's been going for days, yet it's still here.

Bosshog makes a blatantly racist tread, it stayed up.

I make a legit tread asking if Floyd doesn't fight a Trout-less ginger can we honestly call it a duck, (I do not think so) & it's deleted in minutes.

Comment

Working...
                    X