No announcement yet.

Brook to face Alexander in January for IBF title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brook to face Alexander in January for IBF title

KELL BROOK will fulfil a childhood dream when he faces Devon Alexander for the IBF world title on January 19.

Unbeaten welterweight Brook, 26, gradually positioned himself as mandatory challenger for the belt with a series of solid wins over the last 18 months.

And promoter Eddie Hearn has sealed the deal for his fighter to take on American Alexander in boxing mecca Las Vegas.

Brook said: “We’re finally there. This is what I’ve dreamed of since I was nine — fighting for the world title.

“I’m so passionate and hungry for this world title. Nothing’s going to stop me. I can’t wait to get in that ring, in America, and get that world title.

“Fighting for the belt in America is going to make it a lot more special. I could have had it my own way, at home in Sheffield for example, but to be honest I don’t think he would have come over here.

“So I’m going to go over there, to his country, and capture a world title.

“Imagine that, when I’m stood in that ring, being crowned world champion after beating him in his own back yard after I’ve dreamed of it for all these years!”

Brook, who has defeated Matthew Hatton, Carson Jones and Hector Saldivia since the turn of the year, added: “I don’t mind it being in America.

“I’ve agreed to fight him in his own country and whether it was Vegas or New York, it’s all going to be nice fun and games for me when I get in there and do what I’m going to do — take him out.”

yea everyone already knew this

Comment

I just hope Alexander loses... I don't care who he fights. I don't hate him or anything but he just irks me.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
        KELL BROOK will fulfil a childhood dream when he faces Devon Alexander for the IBF world title on January 19.

Unbeaten welterweight Brook, 26, gradually positioned himself as mandatory challenger for the belt with a series of solid wins over the last 18 months.

And promoter Eddie Hearn has sealed the deal for his fighter to take on American Alexander in boxing mecca Las Vegas.

Brook said: “We’re finally there. This is what I’ve dreamed of since I was nine — fighting for the world title.

“I’m so passionate and hungry for this world title. Nothing’s going to stop me. I can’t wait to get in that ring, in America, and get that world title.

“Fighting for the belt in America is going to make it a lot more special. I could have had it my own way, at home in Sheffield for example, but to be honest I don’t think he would have come over here.

“So I’m going to go over there, to his country, and capture a world title.

“Imagine that, when I’m stood in that ring, being crowned world champion after beating him in his own back yard after I’ve dreamed of it for all these years!”

Brook, who has defeated Matthew Hatton, Carson Jones and Hector Saldivia since the turn of the year, added: “I don’t mind it being in America.

“I’ve agreed to fight him in his own country and whether it was Vegas or New York, it’s all going to be nice fun and games for me when I get in there and do what I’m going to do — take him out.”
        You're only about 3 weeks late.

Comment

Working...
        X