No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury Lined Up To Box at Albert Hall on December 5

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by joe strong View Post
    Can team Wilder block this voluntary? I would assume they could legally but if he does fight it will be against Kabayel, Rivas, Hunter or Ajagba as those 4 are not scheduled to fight nor would they be anywhere near a title shot in normal circumstances. The opponent would have to be willing to fight on shorter notice & willing to take a moderate purse. That would leave me thinking either Hunter or Kabayel.
    I do not know the details of the contract but I have read that the rematch was to take place within 6 months of the last fight. Obviously due to covid this was postponed. There was a date set and then that date was pushed back numerous times and now when the fight looked to have a hard date they try to push it back yet again. Without knowing the details it is hard to say but I am going to say that the fight no longer happens and Fury moves on while Wilder is left in the wind.

Comment

• Fury is doing the right thing..wilder is not in a position to hold this fury reign to ransom.
      If wilders team really had faith in him they would have guaranteed him his purse but they didn’t because I don’t think they believe wilder has a chance in the 3rd fight and do not want to lose a fortune.
      Wilder is not champion and he has no right to keep fury tied up indefinitely until wilder grows cajones.
      Now we get the big one rolling

Comment

• Is Charles Martin currently available? It makes sense to me for several reasons:

1. Would be a common opponent with AJ to lead into Fury-Joshua
        2. Was on the undercard of Fury-Wilder 2
        3. Former world champion (I know that he was a joke champ but if nothing else it sounds good for the announcer to read off)
        4. Coming off a decent win, has somewhat resurrected his career since losing to Joshua with only a competitive points loss to Kownacki as a black mark
        5: Tall enough that Fury's not going to totally dwarf him in the ring, looks better for casual fans
        6: Southpaw (relative novelty at heavyweight)
        7. Despite all this, not all that likely to derail the AJ-Fury gravy train

If it's Rivas that's acceptable enough I suppose, he's decent enough to pass off as a legit-ish HW challenger. Beats Lucas Browne at any rate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nash out View Post
          Ruiz battered Joshua around the ring for seven rounds. Fair play to Joshua for winning the rematch, and I only recall him getting hit with any kind of half decent connection once, somewhere around round 7/8 and he was on jelly legs for a bit.

Imagine Wilder clipping him? What happens then? Joshua has no poker face when he's hurt, everybody knows it. When Wilder jumps on him it's game over. Wlad had him, but Wlad was stupidly cautious and lost because of it.

Anybody who fights cautiously against Joshua, except Fury who beats him anyway he wants, will lose. Ruiz's gunslinging approach in the first fight is the key to beating Joshua for the other top fighters.
          Ruiz took some huge punches first before he caught Joshua - no other top-10 HWs could do that. So you can't use Ruiz to compare any other boxer unless they are just like Ruiz

I think Wilder is a dangerous fight for anyone including Joshua. Because of his speed. If he can land on Fury he can land on Joshua. So yes no one knows what will happen in that fight. Wilder could KO him for sure. One of those fights where it is 50/50 until we see it. But then again maybe every Wilder fight against top opposition is 50/50....

Comment

• This is the same guy you all praised and called #1 when what he's good at is locating and fighting tomato cans. Oscar Rivas? Damn! There are other better bums he should have fought. Ortiz, Parker, Ruiz, Hunter, Breazeal, who else? Better, give Wallin a rematch. He agrees to fight Rivas and not Whyte? This guy has everyone fooled

Comment

• Let me throw this question out here, because some folks still don't get it.

Without a live gate, who is liable to pay the boxers the amounts the contract guarantees?

Comment

• Originally posted by Oshio View Post
                This is the same guy you all praised and called #1 when what he's good at is locating and fighting tomato cans. Oscar Rivas? Damn! There are other better bums he should have fought. Ortiz, Parker, Ruiz, Hunter, Breazeal, who else? Better, give Wallin a rematch. He agrees to fight Rivas and not Whyte? This guy has everyone fooled
                breazale is ****

Comment

Working...
                X