Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History

Old 10-18-2020, 05:09 PM #121
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 710 Post(s)
Rick Taylor has a reputation beyond reputeRick Taylor has a reputation beyond reputeRick Taylor has a reputation beyond reputeRick Taylor has a reputation beyond reputeRick Taylor has a reputation beyond reputeRick Taylor has a reputation beyond reputeRick Taylor has a reputation beyond reputeRick Taylor has a reputation beyond reputeRick Taylor has a reputation beyond reputeRick Taylor has a reputation beyond reputeRick Taylor has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 14,140.35
Total Points: 24,055.66
Better use than your keyboard, clown. - 120 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Pep 229 View Post
I am not sure the part about the manager/trainer (not promoter) is true; Joe Jacobs.

(Jacobs was the guy who coined the term "We wuz robbed, we wuz robbed")

Goebbels was the guy who was calling the shots with Schmeling (and he was a strong anti-Semite) but he made the decision that Schmeling could keep his Jew manger (Jacobs) because he saw more currency in Schemeling holding the title than persecuting any one particular Jew.

Even Hitler gave his family doctor (Dr. Block I believe) a free ride through the war, calling him a "noble Jew."

The Nazi didn't come from the nobility (Prussians) or the peasantry (communists), they were a nightmare begat from middle-class shopkeepers; they functioned under a perverse sense of practicality.

It wasn't until 1944 (after Normandy and desperation) that Germany became a totalitarian state, before that it was authoritarian with a strong free enterprise system.

Hitler's Germany wasn't what we think of it as being until the last two-three years of the war, before that exceptions were made.
really great post.

but these schmelinng fanboys appear sick in the head tbh
Rick Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 11:35 AM #122
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 461 Post(s)
them_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,543.29
Total Points: 33,547.50
For making sense -- a rarity on BoxingScene. - S a m u r a i You make sense. Cheers, bro! - FightFreak 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Taylor View Post
have you done any research on this topic?
we both know the answer is no. because you are to mentally weak.

why did shmeling never leave nazi germany. whilst others were fleeing.

as i said you did no research..
pathetic and mentally weak.
There were Jews that didn't leave Germany in world war 2. Not everyone leaves if its their home. And he had a bit of a safety net being a famous boxer that made Germany look good. "Hitlers golden boy" is a different claim. Also this argument is over, Schmeling never joined the Nazi party on paper. You are implying he was an underground Nazi and I still think you are trolling.
them_apples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 12:07 PM #123
Undisputed Champion

Rick Taylor has a reputation beyond reputeRick Taylor has a reputation beyond reputeRick Taylor has a reputation beyond reputeRick Taylor has a reputation beyond reputeRick Taylor has a reputation beyond reputeRick Taylor has a reputation beyond reputeRick Taylor has a reputation beyond reputeRick Taylor has a reputation beyond reputeRick Taylor has a reputation beyond reputeRick Taylor has a reputation beyond reputeRick Taylor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by them_apples View Post
There were Jews that didn't leave Germany in world war 2.
look how that worked out for them.

Quote:
And he had a bit of a safety net being a famous boxer that made Germany look good. "Hitlers golden boy" is a different claim.
i have been saying he was an opportunist

Quote:
Also this argument is over, Schmeling never joined the Nazi party on paper. You are implying he was an underground Nazi and I still think you are trolling.
you can believe the fairy tail if you want. i would never fall for such nonsense.

and as i said. this was a point of contention with the the american press.

its all rather convenient that after the war everyone believes he was a "good german".

as i previously stated the story of him rescuing jews didnt surface until decades later. i wonder why.
Old 10-19-2020, 12:14 PM #124
Dallas Cowboys

Quoted: 1885 Post(s)
JAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 52,830.18
Total Points: 60,707.62
To my friend Jab. One of the SUPERstars of Boxingscene. - BattlingNelson A toast homey. Here's to one of the site's best posters. - mangler Keeping History Alive - 0Rooster4Life0 Although we may disagree, I completely understand you. - Dominicano Soy! A lucky charm 4 ya homey - mangler 
To my boy JAB for keeping it real at all times - Kevin Jesus To a cool guy - Stoppage for being a heavyweight in history section - led For a friend and a guy who really knows his stuff. - Lorily Great Poster and Moderator. - Barnburner 
For your boxing knowledge and insightful threads. - Barnburner For being a noble gent and for top posts! - Sugarj To one of the nicest members on this forum. Knows boxing also! - Terry A For all the Boxing knowledge shared - BulgariasFinest For a great guy - jazluvr 
Thanks for your continued friendship & for sharing your wealth of boxing knowledge w/ us! - Terry A Cheers mate. Loving the section. - BennyST Thanks for the tip. - Big Dunn Apologies for any misunderstanding.  Cheers. - HAMMER77777 Merry Christmas - TBear 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest 

Quote:

you can believe the fairy tail if you want. i would never fall for such nonsense.

its all rather convenient that after the war everyone believes he was a "good german".

as i previously stated the story of him rescuing jews didnt surface until decades later. i wonder why.
Can you give us some links to this being a point of contention with the American press?

I doubt many people took a dislike to Schmeling because they thought he was a Nazi, but rather because America was fighting a war with Germany. Just because a country is our enemy doesn't make every person from that country a bad person.

It never came out because Schmeling asked the boys he saved not to say anything. Why would he need them to come out and tell this story decades later when he was already seen as a good man and not being part of the Nazi regime?
JAB5239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 12:28 PM #125
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAB5239 View Post
Can you give us some links to this being a point of contention with the American press?
the first i read on it was from an old new york times article
about schmeling i beleieve.

Quote:
I doubt many people took a dislike to Schmeling because they thought he was a Nazi, but rather because America was fighting a war with Germany. Just because a country is our enemy doesn't make every person from that country a bad person.
valid points.
but i am not just going to give the benefit of the doubt. especially when it looks so suspect.

if germany had won the war i am positive history would know a
a very different max schmeling.

Quote:
It never came out because Schmeling asked the boys he saved not to say anything. Why would he need them to come out and tell this story decades later when he was already seen as a good man and not being part of the Nazi regime?
why did he tell them to say nothing?
and why did the story come out in the 1980s (i think)

as far as i am aware all books and documentaries about
schmeling spend very little time on his days during the war.
that is a red flag if ever i've seen one. (please correct me if i am wrong)

on my way out. but will re find the links later. (its tedious digging up old links haha)
Old 10-19-2020, 12:31 PM #126
Dallas Cowboys

Quoted: 1885 Post(s)
JAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 52,830.18
Total Points: 60,707.62
To my friend Jab. One of the SUPERstars of Boxingscene. - BattlingNelson A toast homey. Here's to one of the site's best posters. - mangler Keeping History Alive - 0Rooster4Life0 Although we may disagree, I completely understand you. - Dominicano Soy! A lucky charm 4 ya homey - mangler 
To my boy JAB for keeping it real at all times - Kevin Jesus To a cool guy - Stoppage for being a heavyweight in history section - led For a friend and a guy who really knows his stuff. - Lorily Great Poster and Moderator. - Barnburner 
For your boxing knowledge and insightful threads. - Barnburner For being a noble gent and for top posts! - Sugarj To one of the nicest members on this forum. Knows boxing also! - Terry A For all the Boxing knowledge shared - BulgariasFinest For a great guy - jazluvr 
Thanks for your continued friendship & for sharing your wealth of boxing knowledge w/ us! - Terry A Cheers mate. Loving the section. - BennyST Thanks for the tip. - Big Dunn Apologies for any misunderstanding.  Cheers. - HAMMER77777 Merry Christmas - TBear 

[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]
JAB5239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 04:29 PM #127
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2768 Post(s)
Anthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 20,022.46
Total Points: 88,210.41
Good Poster with an open mind. - Barnburner Merry Christmas Anthony! keep on postin - The Surgeon For always keeping your cool and objectivity - BKM-2010 Cheers!!!!! - Outworn No Message - Marchegiano 

Quote:
[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]
Those who know of Schmeling only superficially might conclude that he supported the Nazi regime. On the contrary, he never joined the Nazi party to Hitlerís chagrin. He steadfastly refused to participate in the exploitation of his accomplishments by Nazi propagandists. During the 1936 Olympics, he had made Hitler swear that American athletes would be protected. During the horrific Kristallnacht, he hid the two sons of a Jewish friend, David Lewin, from the Nazis in his room at Berlinís Excelsior Hotel. Throughout the 1930s, he continued to employ his manager, Joe Jacobs, a Jewish American. He never turned his back on Jewish friends or disassociated himself with them.

That's a paragraph from the article and doesn't make him look too Nazi like there.
Anthony342 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 08:32 PM #128
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 3662 Post(s)
QueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,970.54
Total Points: 164,805.89
Autism - Marchegiano 

Quote:

- -Because they read in the vacuous press in their day how he was being savaged in print by U lowbrow ancesters.

The brothers held their story because post war everyone scrambling to make a living to care about such a story.

When it mattered, they stepped up. When U gonna step to the first rung of humanity?

Must be tiresome being a grub worm.
QueensburyRules is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 01:53 PM #129
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueensburyRules View Post
- -Because they read in the vacuous press in their day how he was being savaged in print by U lowbrow ancesters.

The brothers held their story because post war everyone scrambling to make a living to care about such a story.

When it mattered, they stepped up. When U gonna step to the first rung of humanity?

Must be tiresome being a grub worm.
you're probably a nazi tbh 😐
Old 10-20-2020, 09:32 PM #130
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 3662 Post(s)
QueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,970.54
Total Points: 164,805.89
Autism - Marchegiano 

Quote:
you're probably a nazi tbh 😐
- -U grub worm hijacking an honorable Louis/Ali thread lower than nazis.
QueensburyRules is online now   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends