Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge

Old 02-17-2017, 10:45 AM #1
Emeritus Champion

Quoted: 2549 Post(s)
BostonGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBostonGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBostonGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBostonGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBostonGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBostonGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBostonGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBostonGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBostonGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBostonGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBostonGuy has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 10,000,000,000,000,000,905,969,664.00
Total Points: 10,000,015,100,000,000,161,087,488.00
Merry Christmas bud! - TBear Happy Christmas/Holidays, all the best for 2016. Thanks for all your help as a mod. - Box-Office thanks for the love in the 'poster of the year' thread :kiss: - -jose- Happy New Year Bro, All the best for 2016 - Rocky... 'golden shower' :lol1: I haven't heard that term since high school - -jose- 
great moderation, thanks for keeping the forum free of garbage - Omowale Tribe Thanks for ze green - Beercules TBE mod - Santa_ my nigga! :kiss: - -jose- Thanks man! - .BronzeBomber. 
cheers enjoy the summer. - Amazinger no disrespect to the hom0s but I don't understand how done guys turn gay with so many fine women in this world  :kiss: - -jose- No Message - jaded Merry Christmas Boston - TBear I know WOW she's bad! - -jose- 
For the efforts thank you man. - Accountoffline what's up Boss I'm going to the Cotto fight pretty excited and sad at the same time thanks for the green amigo hope everything good on your end I miss them funny threads all there is now iss trump or dick threads lol smh - -jose- Thanks for the green! - GhostofDempsey lol - -jose- Medal of honor - jazluvr 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Gay and Lesbian Pride - Risty 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - MDPopescu World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Accountoffline Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Accountoffline 
Default Tim Ferriss

I just started reading Tim Ferriss' blog, watching some of his videos and listening to his podcast. Ferriss is also the author of Tools of Titans: he Tactics, Routines, and Habits of Billionaires, Icons, and World-Class Performers.

Here's a synopsis of the book:

Quote:
“For the last two years, I’ve interviewed more than 200 world-class performers for my podcast, The Tim Ferriss Show. The guests range from super celebs (Jamie Foxx, Arnold Schwarzenegger, etc.) and athletes (icons of powerlifting, gymnastics, surfing, etc.) to legendary Special Operations commanders and black-market biochemists. For most of my guests, it’s the first time they’ve agreed to a two-to-three-hour interview. This unusual depth has helped make The Tim Ferriss Show the first business/interview podcast to pass 100 million downloads.

“This book contains the distilled tools, tactics, and ‘inside baseball’ you won’t find anywhere else. It also includes new tips from past guests, and life lessons from new ‘guests’ you haven’t met.

“What makes the show different is a relentless focus on actionable details. This is reflected in the questions. For example: What do these people do in the first sixty minutes of each morning? What do their workout routines look like, and why? What books have they gifted most to other people? What are the biggest wastes of time for novices in their field? What supplements do they take on a daily basis?

“I don’t view myself as an interviewer. I view myself as an experimenter. If I can’t test something and replicate results in the messy reality of everyday life, I’m not interested.

“Everything within these pages has been vetted, explored, and applied to my own life in some fashion. I’ve used dozens of the tactics and philosophies in high-stakes negotiations, high-risk environments, or large business dealings. The lessons have made me millions of dollars and saved me years of wasted effort and frustration.

“I created this book, my ultimate notebook of high-leverage tools, for myself. It’s changed my life, and I hope the same for you.” Tim Ferriss
Has anyone read the book or listen to his podcast/videos? I think he's really a grounded down-to-earth, articulate, interesting and smart dude; a renaissance man. I enjoy listening to his podcasts as they have solid practical info/knowledge in many different facets of life - financial, business, health & well being, relationships, career, spiritual, etc.

Here's his website and youtube channel for anyone who wants to check him out:

[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]

Image View Removed. Please Click Here.

Last edited by BostonGuy; 02-17-2017 at 10:58 AM.
BostonGuy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 10:48 AM #2
Emeritus Champion

BostonGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBostonGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBostonGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBostonGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBostonGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBostonGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBostonGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBostonGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBostonGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBostonGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBostonGuy has a reputation beyond repute
Merry Christmas bud! - TBear Happy Christmas/Holidays, all the best for 2016. Thanks for all your help as a mod. - Box-Office thanks for the love in the 'poster of the year' thread :kiss: - -jose- Happy New Year Bro, All the best for 2016 - Rocky... 'golden shower' :lol1: I haven't heard that term since high school - -jose- 
great moderation, thanks for keeping the forum free of garbage - Omowale Tribe Thanks for ze green - Beercules TBE mod - Santa_ my nigga! :kiss: - -jose- Thanks man! - .BronzeBomber. 
cheers enjoy the summer. - Amazinger no disrespect to the hom0s but I don't understand how done guys turn gay with so many fine women in this world  :kiss: - -jose- No Message - jaded Merry Christmas Boston - TBear I know WOW she's bad! - -jose- 
For the efforts thank you man. - Accountoffline what's up Boss I'm going to the Cotto fight pretty excited and sad at the same time thanks for the green amigo hope everything good on your end I miss them funny threads all there is now iss trump or dick threads lol smh - -jose- Thanks for the green! - GhostofDempsey lol - -jose- Medal of honor - jazluvr 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Gay and Lesbian Pride - Risty 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - MDPopescu World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Accountoffline Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Accountoffline 

Old 02-17-2017, 10:48 AM #3
Emeritus Champion

Old 02-17-2017, 11:47 AM #4
LoungeTrollPoster2017

Quoted: 2463 Post(s)
B.UTLER has a reputation beyond reputeB.UTLER has a reputation beyond reputeB.UTLER has a reputation beyond reputeB.UTLER has a reputation beyond reputeB.UTLER has a reputation beyond reputeB.UTLER has a reputation beyond reputeB.UTLER has a reputation beyond reputeB.UTLER has a reputation beyond reputeB.UTLER has a reputation beyond reputeB.UTLER has a reputation beyond reputeB.UTLER has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 100,000,000,000,011,098,128,384.00
No Message - B.UTLER No Message - B.UTLER No Message - B.UTLER No Message - B.UTLER No Message - B.UTLER 
No Message - B.UTLER No Message - B.UTLER No Message - B.UTLER No Message - B.UTLER No Message - B.UTLER 
Sh1ttest thread starter for May.. congratulations on your achievement - !! Anorak Have some cake mah bud! - Mighty_Windir ayan - Kuyukut No Message - Kuyukut para sa puwet mo - Kuyukut 
Enjoy bro - BrometheusBob. Ask and you shall receive - JimRaynor No Message - -jose- . - BrometheusBob. One of boxingscene's best - Freedom2111 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - JimRaynor 

Hmmm I rather watch tv than listen to some nut or read his book telling how I should live my life to make the most of it
B.UTLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 12:02 PM #5
No More UK Stoppages

Quoted: 6701 Post(s)
ShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 24,377,074,931,721,954,131,968.00
Total Points: 24,377,074,931,721,954,131,968.00
excellent posts mate - Alx. good post about Wlad being like Bute - RossCA To a good poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA To a good poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA brewed just 4 u - sugarsmosley 
valuable advice to training forum - jas Thanks for the green man,I should have won poster of the year,but the site is in denial.bitches huh ? - Scott-Weiland All in .&w - BERNIE'S CORNER Phone spazzed on gift giving. Can't green ya but have this beer on me. All in good fun ! - BERNIE'S CORNER Easily one of the best posters on the forum - JK1700 

His Slow Carb Diet has been pretty effective for losing weight for several people I know.

Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 02-17-2017 at 02:08 PM.
ShoulderRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 12:49 PM #6
Emeritus Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.UTLER View Post
Hmmm I rather watch tv than listen to some nut or read his book telling how I should live my life to make the most of it
Typical arrogant and uninformed Butler response. The guy isn't preaching anything. He's presenting techniques, practices, routines, 'hacks' and other useful information to optimize, perform at a high level and to enhance your life. Ferriss is a highly successful investor, NY Times best seller and individual so he has credibility. In fact, I'm trying to implement some of his practices into my everyday life.

You don't have to be so close-minded, bruh...
Old 02-18-2017, 04:25 PM #7
Emeritus Champion

Old 02-19-2017, 12:54 AM #8
The People's Champion

Quoted: 2188 Post(s)
jaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 6,185,486,669,921,598,308,352.00
Total Points: 6,185,586,670,921,619,341,312.00
Thanks for the warning - MeiXiang loving the sig - Alx. gift - Daniel Alpha Happy new year bro! - led* funny poster in the lounge - jas 
atg poster - jas I <3 you! - led No Message - jas thanks bro I didn't even notice - -jose- you got skills - Santa_ 
Trump! - Ruthless One :beerchug: - -jose- hilarious - jas 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Daniel Alpha Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jaded AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jas Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - jas 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - jas 

Hadn't heard of him before...but I'll give the videos a watch.
jaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 01:24 AM #9
Phenomenal

Quoted: 1003 Post(s)
Box-Office has a reputation beyond reputeBox-Office has a reputation beyond reputeBox-Office has a reputation beyond reputeBox-Office has a reputation beyond reputeBox-Office has a reputation beyond reputeBox-Office has a reputation beyond reputeBox-Office has a reputation beyond reputeBox-Office has a reputation beyond reputeBox-Office has a reputation beyond reputeBox-Office has a reputation beyond reputeBox-Office has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 42,006,600,000,654,288.00
Thx - Scott.Weiland. a beer for a fellow khan fan - sugarsmosley No Message - Mike D Happy new year bro - jas los homos unite el fagche - El-Blonco 
Holding Your Own - 1hourRun Cheers to a good poster - Mike D lol @ the sig bro - FlatLine 

I just bought the Tools of Titans book. I never got around the 4 hour work week though. Have you read it BG?
Box-Office is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 03:00 PM #10
Emeritus Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box-Office View Post
I just bought the Tools of Titans book. I never got around the 4 hour work week though. Have you read it BG?
No I haven't. I intent to read Titans and if I resonates with me, I'll probably try his other books...

Share This With Friends

Tags
ferriss

User Tag List