No announcement yet.

Rewatched Cotto vs Canelo: It's A Toss Up, The Scorecards Were Insane

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rewatched Cotto vs Canelo: It's A Toss Up, The Scorecards Were Insane

Just rewatched the entire fight, HD quality, turned off the commentary. There's no way Canelo outright won that by the insane margin represented by the scorecards.

Cotto landed more clean shots and defense was excellent for a lot of the fight. By the same token, Canelo's defense was on point, he made Cotto miss a fair few, throwing some terrific shots and had some good angles but didn't find the target often enough.

Canelo was the bigger man and definitely looked like the more imposing figure, chasing Cotto around the ring for spells in the fight, but Cotto was boxing him very well indeed in patches.

Cotto definitely looked more worse for wear by the end of the fight, more tired and drained, especially since he was cut in the last round but viewing the fight as a whole it was a toss up and could easily have been a draw, there were really too many close rounds.

Insane scoring for that one:

119-109, 117-111, 118-110!

Just shocking. None of those scorecards are reflective of what happened in the fight. If anything I can see an argument for a 7-5 fight either way, or a draw. So Canelo winning 7 rounds, Cotto 5. Or the other way Cotto 7, Canelo 5. Or a draw. It was a very close fight.

But the scorecards mean that 1 judge gave Cotto 1 round, the other 2 rounds and the other one 3 rounds!

That is far removed from the reality of what actually happened in the fight. Don't take my word for it, rewatch it.

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
    Just rewatched the entire fight, HD quality, turned off the commentary. There's no way Canelo outright won that by the insane margin represented by the scorecards.

Cotto landed more clean shots and defense was excellent for a lot of the fight. By the same token, Canelo's defense was on point, he made Cotto miss a fair few, throwing some terrific shots and had some good angles but didn't find the target often enough.

Canelo was the bigger man and definitely looked like the more imposing figure, chasing Cotto around the ring for spells in the fight, but Cotto was boxing him very well indeed in patches.

Cotto definitely looked more worse for wear by the end of the fight, more tired and drained, especially since he was cut in the last round but viewing the fight as a whole it was a toss up and could easily have been a draw, there were really too many close rounds.

Insane scoring for that one:

119-109, 117-111, 118-110!

Just shocking. None of those scorecards are reflective of what happened in the fight. If anything I can see an argument for a 7-5 fight either way, or a draw. So Canelo winning 7 rounds, Cotto 5. Or the other way Cotto 7, Canelo 5. Or a draw. It was a very close fight.

But the scorecards mean that 1 judge gave Cotto 1 round, the other 2 rounds and the other one 3 rounds!

That is far removed from the reality of what actually happened in the fight. Don't take my word for it, rewatch it.
    Scorecards generally sucks.
    For example, Mayweather vs Castillo I was very close and many saw Castillo win, but judges saw Mayweather winning by two or three rounds.
    Mayweather vs Pacquiao one judge had Pacquiao winning only two rounds!

Judges are PAID. They are corrupt as ****.

The best way to judge a fight is to turn sound off and watch yourself. If you can slow the speed of the video a bit, better.

Comment

Cotto should have paid those sanctioning fees. No way the wbc was going to let him win. I agree it was a sabotage in the judging

Comment

Where have you been? People said the scores were whack as soon as they got announced. Canelo won tho

Comment

when i saw it live i had the impression that it might be a draw, then on the rewatch i gave it to a canelo by a bit, but yeah the cards were absurd again. golovkin is probably going to have to put canelo in a coffin to get the W

Comment

I had Canelo winning 8 rounds and Cotto 4 rounds. It was a competitve fight but still a clear win for Canelo.

Comment

116-112.

I thought it was comfortable for Canelo.

Canelo looked in control at all times, as well as landing all of the better punches. Miguel did alright, but at no point did he look like winning the fight.

Comment

Canelo clearly beat Cotto,and even started beating him up toward the end of the fight

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
                  Cotto should have paid those sanctioning fees. No way the wbc was going to let him win. I agree it was a sabotage in the judging
                  Why would he do that? To get ko'd by ggg next fight?

Comment

I had Khan winning

Comment

Working...
                    X