No announcement yet.

should Roy Jones and Dariusz Michalczewski have fought

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• should Roy Jones and Dariusz Michalczewski have fought

Let me start this off by saying plainly that RJJ is my favorite fighter of all time period and I think that in every weight class that he campaigned while in his prime he was the GOAT. And no he was nolonger in his prime when he went to hw. Now that that's out of the way let me get to how this subject came to the forfront. In posting regarding Floyd vs Pac and how they keep going back and forth with the bs about everthing except for getting the deal done, I mentioned that this is gonna probably end up like the potential Super fight that never happened between RJJ and DM and some dude jumped all over my post saying that fight was a one sided beatdown etc and he/she didn't kno WTF I was talking bout etc. So it got me wondering for anyone with any knowledge on the subject and cares to discuss it, how do any of you feel about that fight not happening. Just as a refresher these guys were the 2 best LHW in the world at the same time for several years and beat a lot of the same guys but never fought despite DM begging for that fight and RJJ's attitude was kinda like Floyds in a since of him trying to dismiss DM and saying I don't need the fight etc. And even in that case both fighters coulda done more to try to make the fight happen. I just want any of you guys that kno boxing didn't begin with Floyd and Pacquiao to give me ur thoughts on the subject if u care to.
    Last edited by trufightfanatic; 12-23-2013, 10:25 PM.

If anything Roy should of stayed at HW & fought Evander! After Roy stops defaming his great legacy with these silly fights he has nowadays he will be a 1st ballot hall of famer. Darius Michaczewski is a nobody. Deal with it man.

Comment

Originally posted by Haterfree View Post
      If anything Roy should of stayed at HW & fought Evander! After Roy stops defaming his great legacy with these silly fights he has nowadays he will be a 1st ballot hall of famer. Darius Michaczewski is a nobody. Deal with it man.
      Dariusz was the lineal Light Heavyweight champion whilst RJJ was collecting belts. Unfortunately Roy can't claim to be the man of the division at that time, because he never fought Dariusz.

I agree with the TS, RJJ was my favourite fighter, and I think was unbeatable in his prime.

Comment

Originally posted by Haterfree View Post
        Roy cannot defame his legacy. Your achievements cannot be undone. It's not as though with every lose he goes back in time and looks less spectacular. Getting Kayoed by Lebedev does not make him lose to Virgil Hill. Same as Ali or Tyson. Ali's loses to Holmes do not take away from his wins of Frazier or Forman

Comment

Michalczewski wouldn't leave Germany and Jones was the star with three titles, why should he have to go to Germany. That is why the fight never happened. It was lucky for Michalczewski that it didn't!

Comment

Working...
          X