No announcement yet.

Rocky Marciano VS Mike Tyson.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No brainer

This is no brainer. Tyson would have wiped out Marciano inside a couple of minutes. In his prime Tyson was a highly skilled and relentless force whereas marciano was just a straight brawler who often got outboxed for many rounds before unleashing his trademark Susie Q. Plus you have to remember that in todays terms Rocky was a tiny heavyweight and he wouldn't have been able to hold off a beast like Tyson. Marciano was a great in his era but lets be realistic.

Comment

• Isn't Marciano like 185 pounds? Prime Tyson was 217 with cat quick reflexes for a heavyweight. I see Mike knocking Rocky out within the 1st exchange of the 1st round. To me this is a easy fight for Tyson against a small heavyweight who isnt extremely fast. Rocky was great in that era and had a lot of heart but Tyson crushes him.

Marciano's size and style is tailor made for Tyson.

Comment

• Originally posted by dalbass View Post
        Marciano was a great in his era but lets be realistic.
        Originally posted by RayLeonard82 View Post
        Rocky was great in that era and had a lot of heart but Tyson crushes him.
        I swear to God anyone using that phrase or any variation thereof should be shot.....and I'd like to personally command the firing squad.

Poet

Comment

• I feel like Tyson would dominate Rocco for the first eight rounds or so, but in the end Rocky would prove to be the harder hitter and tougher man. Marciano by knockout in the tenth.

Comment

• Dearo dearo dearo I didn’t know this forum was a joke until I read this one, marciano a lightheavyweight against Tyson a heavyweight atg is even a question? Marciano would be a small light heavyweight by today’s standard.plus he was slow and clumsy,fought light heavyweight bums and old light heavyweights,and got knocked down by two old light heavyweights,took him plenty of big swinging punches to stop a old light heavyweight Archie Moore,Marciano would be a small crude light heavyweight puncher today at best.today’s light heavyweights are way bigger than Marciano. marciano and any "heavyweight "around that weight 180+190+ should not be compared to any real heavyweights above 200 or 210,220ib post 50s.
            Last edited by jabbbbb; 08-30-2020, 01:55 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jabbbbb View Post
              Dearo dearo dearo I didn’t know this forum was a joke until I read this one, marciano a lightheavyweight against Tyson a heavyweight atg is even a question? Marciano would be a small lightheavyweight by today’s standard.
              - -Yet Tubsy Lar couldn't carry his jockstrap!

Settled history!

Comment

• Id love to think rocky could be competitive but looking at this with a cold eye, mike would probably ko rocky in a round or two. Hes just so much more powerful a fighter and rocky will be there to hit.

Comment

• Love Rocky's style and his grit but Tyson is just too damned big. Can't see Rocky standing up to the power and speed of Tyson.

Comment

• Originally posted by jabbbbb View Post
                    Dearo dearo dearo I didn’t know this forum was a joke until I read this one, marciano a lightheavyweight against Tyson a heavyweight atg is even a question? Marciano would be a small lightheavyweight by today’s standard.
                    Yeah even Spinks was bigger than Rocky when he didn't have to worry about making weight.

Comment

• Lets dispense of the logical fallicy that weight automatically equals size. Marciano would be about 205 or so, if he came into fights typical of most fighters today. Tyson, if he ever got into excellent fighting shape, would lose about 5 pounds.

Not picking a winner... Just saying. One way to look at this is what happens to Rocky in the first few rounds if he gets caught clean by Tyson...

Another way is to look at what happens to Tyson, starting to tire in the mid to late rounds, while Rocky starts to pour it on...

Comment

Working...
                      X