No announcement yet.

Let's Talk Strategy....What can Kell Brook do to Shock the World

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
    So I've vented, said what I needed to say, now I'm ready to talk boxing again.

I look at Kell Brook, while difficult to judge from subpar opposition, has a decent jab, prefers to maintain his distance, has no inside game, but has good timing and can catch you on your way in. Against Porter he had success timing Porter when he tried to close distance and wrapping him up to prevent him from working inside.

In this fight, it just seems like GGG has all of the advantages. He operates at the same distance that Brook loves to fight at, works off a strong jab, commits to the body and is an extremely underrated counter puncher.

What can Brook do to win this fight? I can't think of anything strategy wise that he can execute to trouble GGG.
    He can stay off the canvas for 3 rounds, that would impress the hell out of me.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
      You have seen him adapt on rangy "Southpaws" such as who?!

Proksa? Monroe Jr.? Fuchigami? World Champs? lol!!!

oh you guys...
      Candelita literally had Lara running for his life in their fight, fortunately for him, the diva can't cut off the ring for crap.

GGG, on the other hand, would not let Lara dance around the ring and would trap him in the corner....landing that crushing left hook to the liver. By the 4th round, Lara is barely able to walk around the ring and gets destroyed with a right hook to the temple.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
        Candelita literally had Lara running for his life in their fight, fortunately for him, the diva can't cut off the ring for crap.

GGG, on the other hand, would not let Lara dance around the ring and would trap him in the corner....landing that crushing left hook to the liver. By the 4th round, Lara is barely able to walk around the ring and gets destroyed with a right hook to the temple.
        Lil'G is slower since Ouma (2011)! lol

There's reason why he didn't fight Korobov or Lee. All Lil'G needs is that WBO. Yet somehow HBO & friends can't consult Loeffler how to get it? Again, Arum could easily make this, and I don't see a problem with Lil'G signing an extended contract for Loeffler.

In case you guys forgot, the WBO unifies all the belts... stock value rises. They just ducked Eubank Jr. as if HBO gives "Deadlines" to their boxing stars.. lol

Comment

I can't think of a way. His only hope is that he is fast enough as a welterweight to control distance, but he's not that kind of fighter. His style is pretty much what Golovkin feasts on. He's not going to out-skill Golovkin nearly enough to win this fight, if he even is more skilled, which he has never shown. Maybe if he somehow has the strength to clinch and spoil he can just tie GGG up over and over, but what are the odds of that?

And ultimately he will run into the same problem Khan did against Alvarez, where he won't be able to get the bigger man's respect because of the size difference. Brook may take a better shot, but Golovkin is a bigger puncher than Canelo. So it probably ends much the same way that fight did, with Brook eating the bomb that ends the fight.

Brook would have to adapt extremely well to the weight and show a lot more skill than he ever has to have any chance at winning.
          Last edited by bojangles1987; 07-08-2016, 08:39 PM.

Comment

you shouldn't watch the video. but its archived on Youtube forever! but if you're curious on how many times Lil'G gets tagged and with luscious uppercuts the video is there for you! a boxer's paradise!
            Ha k thanks but come on bro it's Lara he has no pop and he will be put to sleep in less than 4 rounds

Comment

Lil'G is slower since Ouma (2011)! lol

There's reason why he didn't fight Korobov or Lee. All Lil'G needs is that WBO. Yet somehow HBO & friends can't consult Loeffler how to get it? Again, Arum could easily make this, and I don't see a problem with Lil'G signing an extended contract for Loeffler.

In case you guys forgot, the WBO unifies all the belts... stock value rises. They just ducked Eubank Jr. as if HBO gives "Deadlines" to their boxing stars.. lol
              There is a reason why he is fighting the likes of Brook. Even the MW's that enter into negotiations with him, apparently only do so to save face while making the fight impossible to come to terms on.

Do you honestly think that Lee or Korobov would have beaten "Lil G"?

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
                All he has is a punchers chance, landing the punch of his life
                He's got about as much chance of knocking Golovkin out as I do of knocking Golovkin out. He has no chance.

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
                  So I've vented, said what I needed to say, now I'm ready to talk boxing again.

I look at Kell Brook, while difficult to judge from subpar opposition, has a decent jab, prefers to maintain his distance, has no inside game, but has good timing and can catch you on your way in. Against Porter he had success timing Porter when he tried to close distance and wrapping him up to prevent him from working inside.

In this fight, it just seems like GGG has all of the advantages. He operates at the same distance that Brook loves to fight at, works off a strong jab, commits to the body and is an extremely underrated counter puncher.

What can Brook do to win this fight? I can't think of anything strategy wise that he can execute to trouble GGG.
                  Jab, jab, jab. Run like hell and try to frustrate him. Just try to catch him coming in. Who knows? If he gets the right referee on his side, he can last some rounds and see what happens.

Comment

What an absolutely stupid sport. This fight is too ridiculous to even think about strategy. Brook is going to get beaten to a bloody pulp. He does absolutely nothing better than Golovkin. No chance whatsoever. Golovkin is looking for a big fight and he doesn't against a ****in WW lol. Boxing is not even a sport anymore.

Comment

damn your sig is brutal.

Mr.Fantastic do you have anything to say about that embarassing display?

Comment

Working...
                      X