Collapse
No announcement yet.

Planet Earth is FLAT theory

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

watched other vids on the subject...seriously? there isn't a single legit photo of the earth. I mean even nasa has acknowledged this. damn dude.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
      Do you believe the earth is 6000 years old, as well?
      No.

I don't believe earth is 6000 years old. This has nothing to do with religion.

If you read any of the posts in this thread you would know that I mentioned scientists have concluded that the scientific theories governing the concept of a flat earth are just as scientifically sound and valid as the theories for a spherical one.

This doesn't mean that they subscribe to the flat earth, but that they have acknowledged the validity of the flat earth theory.

Comment

Originally posted by iLovesoccermoms View Post
        watched other vids on the subject...seriously? there isn't a single legit photo of the earth. I mean even nasa has acknowledged this. damn dude.
        NASA has even acknowledged that to date, it's still too dangerous to send people through the Van Allen Radiation belts to safely land humans on the moon.

Comment

Originally posted by ReIoaded View Post
          No.

I don't believe earth is 6000 years old. This has nothing to do with religion.

If you read any of the posts in this thread you would know that I mentioned scientists have concluded that the scientific theories governing the concept of a flat earth are just as scientifically sound and valid as the theories for a spherical one.

This doesn't mean that they subscribe to the flat earth, but that they have acknowledged the validity of the flat earth theory.
          So, the earth is a flat disc that doesn't move? The sun just moves back and forth across this flat surface?

Comment

So, the earth is a flat disc that doesn't move? The sun just moves back and forth across this flat surface?
            According to the flat earth science, the sun and moon both circle in tandem above the surface of the earth, thus creating time zones, seasons, day, night etc.

It really is an interesting theory.

Up until recently, I thought the flat earth theory was an old wive's tale that ignored science. That the flat earth theory believed that people would fall off the edge if they sailed too far.

Recently, the flat earth videos randomly showed up on youtube. I checked some out and was intrigued that they were actually science based and served to challenge the conventional wisdom they've been teaching about our planet.

There are some flat earth theories based on religion. I haven't watched any of those.
            Last edited by ReIoaded; 02-25-2016, 12:08 AM.

Comment

According to the flat earth science, the sun and moon both circle in tandem above the surface of the earth, thus creating time zones, seasons, day, night etc.

It really is an interesting theory.

Up until recently, I thought the flat earth theory was an old wive's tale that ignored science. That the flat earth theory believed that people would fall off the edge if they sailed too far.

Recently, the flat earth videos randomly showed up on youtube. I checked some out and was intrigued that they were actually science based and served to challenge the conventional wisdom they've been teaching about our planet.

There are some flat earth theories based on religion. I haven't watched any of those.
              So, are water levels rising?

Comment

So, are water levels rising?
                I don't know for sure if water levels are rising. I surf regularly and I know the depths of my surf break very well.

For the past 12 years and depending on the tides, the water level has always been the same, or at the very least, if the water levels have risen, it's at a minuscule rate.

I pay attention to the depth of the ocean. Gotta do it when you take your own children surfing.

Comment

NASA has even acknowledged that to date, it's still too dangerous to send people through the Van Allen Radiation belts to safely land humans on the moon.
                  You saying there isn't a single photo (legit) of earth?

Comment

Originally posted by Psylence83 View Post
                    You saying there isn't a single photo (legit) of earth?
                    I didn't say that. It was ilovesoccermoms who said that.

But, yes. NASA openly admits the photos of the earth they've been publishing are composites.

What is a composite picture?

Composite pictures are usually presented as one final picture, with added elements from some other images, thus changing the meaning of the original.
                    Composite pictures are intended to create an imaginary situation - for whatever reason...

Think of the god awful drawings the police release of a criminal that's been drawn from the description of a victim's memory. It's called a "composite" sketch.

All the images we've seen of the earth are called composites for a reason.

Comment

I didn't say that. It was ilovesoccermoms who said that.

But, yes. NASA openly admits the photos of the earth they've been publishing are composites.

What is a composite picture?

Composite pictures are usually presented as one final picture, with added elements from some other images, thus changing the meaning of the original.
                      Composite pictures are intended to create an imaginary situation - for whatever reason...

Think of the god awful drawings the police release of a criminal that's been drawn from the description of a victim's memory. It's called a "composite" sketch.

All the images we've seen of the earth are called composites for a reason.
                      What about this one?
                      http://gizmodo.com/5909215/this-is-t...f-planet-earth

Not from nasa and just a single still image....

Comment

Working...
                      X