Collapse
No announcement yet.

Devin Haney the next floyd/Roy?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They should get the kid to like 30-0. Make him fight for a title in 3 or 4 years after seasoning him up.

Comment

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TPnPmAtrn9Y

Kid looks good, but too early to say how his career goes.

Comment

His trunks are fuking hideous. Off to a bad start

Comment

Originally posted by RisAri0 View Post
          Would love to see Roy retire and train full time, he'd be perfect for this guy. His glory fighting days been done and can live vicariously through Devin by training him for the pros.
          He's mostly trained by Floyd sr. I'd stick with him over Roy lol

Comment

He's good, but shakur stevenson did a number on him.

Hayney's trainer or who looks close enough to be his pop, runs his mouth in sparring sessions when they're fighting guys way under their skill level, but he's pretty quite here. lol.

Shakur is far better counter puncher, he looks pretty small in there as well, wonder what his real weight is.

Hayney the next mayweather? Maybe, i hope so. But he looks more like Lamont Peterson if you ask me.
            Last edited by ElMeroChingon; 12-30-2015, 02:39 AM.

Comment

Shakur is sharper. Devin still more of a Floyd than Peterson talent wise.

Comment

I'm more interested in how tall he ends up/arm length, when he finishes growing, before I make my call on his potential.

Comment

Originally posted by ElMeroChingon View Post

Hayney's trainer or who looks close enough to be his pop, runs his mouth in sparring sessions when they're fighting guys way under their skill level, but he's pretty quite here. lol.

Shakur is far better counter puncher, he looks pretty small in there as well, wonder what his real weight is.

Hayney the next mayweather? Maybe, i hope so. But he looks more like Lamont Peterson if you ask me.
                  These two are americas future greats imo i could see these two getting it in, in the pro ranks 10 years from now. And yeah thats his dad whos giving him the water inbetween rounds
                  Last edited by Juof; 12-31-2015, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Still way too early to judge, he's very good now but he still has a lot of stuff to learn to become a champion, but he definitley has the talent to become one, there's no reason to rush him, I think the olympic experience would've helped him technically, mentally and financially down the line cuz it will help promote him, shame that he's already a pro but hopefully he keeps mproving and stays focused. Hopefully this doesn't turn into the infamous too much too soon situation.

Comment

Originally posted by ElMeroChingon View Post

The sparring was pretty even I thought in that last part shakur prob got to him more. But yea shakur is really good, he's also older and more experienced. Shakur is at 123 devin is 130 or 135

Comment

Working...
                      X