Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats With The Myth Gamboa Has Been A World Beater?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cazadores View Post
    Who has he beat to make people think this.

He looks good and obviously has talent, but he's no world beater at this point.
    nobody here tried chuckin him up to be a world beater.....Nobody here even ranks Gamboa p4p yet.

His 20 fight resume is stronger than a lot of ranked dudes in and around his division, Broner included. His last 3 victories were against Solis, Orlando Salido & Ponce De Leon...all ranked fighters, former/current World Champions and have been there with some of the toughest dudes and given them hell.

The biggest part of that observation isn't just the name, it's that Gamboa's gotten in the ring with these dudes and has completely overwhelmed and outclassed them.

If you don't see Gamboa as being head & shoulders above alot of these ranked dudes, then I just don't know what to tell you.

Comment

Originally posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post
      Also why didn't you acknowledge Gamboa being knocked down many times?
      Anyone who has ever seen those kds will also say it has been because off him being way too reckless earlier in his career not once was he stunned

Comment

Originally posted by MalikKnucklez View Post
        nobody here tried chuckin him up to be a world beater.....Nobody here even ranks Gamboa p4p yet.

His 20 fight resume is stronger than a lot of ranked dudes in and around his division, Broner included. His last 3 victories were against Solis, Orlando Salido & Ponce De Leon...all ranked fighters, former/current World Champions and have been there with some of the toughest dudes and given them hell.

The biggest part of that observation isn't just the name, it's that Gamboa's gotten in the ring with these dudes and has completely overwhelmed and outclassed them.

If you don't see Gamboa as being head & shoulders above alot of these ranked dudes, then I just don't know what to tell you.
        When did I say that?

What I don't see is someone that blows away Broner. He's small and has a bad chin. We have only really seen him in against top come forward guys. Im not high on either Solis or Salido. At all.

I think Broner Stops him. Whenever anyone brings up the two all I ever here is how great gamoboa's resume is. I don't see it.

Comment

This is a horse that's been beaten half to death with Gamboa. It's no secret that Gamboa has had a trajectory of being offensively wreckless. None, and I mean none, of Gamboa's knockdowns have been cuz he was seriously hurt. He's literally gotten right back up before the count of 3, and in all instances it's been more of a lack of his own balance than anything the opponent did.

If u want to disagree with that....find me a fight where Gamboa has been knocked down and hasn't proceeded to either

1. Knockout or stop his opponent in the round directly following his Knockdown
          2. Completely dominate and overwhelm his opponent from that point forward, significantly more than he was before the KD

Comment

Read my post, where it says his technical boxing has grown leaps and bounds.

Comment

Cazador doesn't like Cubans fighters he always has something negative to say, if the fight happens we will c who is better, so far impress or not Gamboa's resume is way better than Broner's.

Comment

We also dont know how Broner takes a clean shot from a fast guy with power.

Gamboa being down isn't really a concern seing as he's never actually been hurt. As I see it Broner has the size advantage and nothing else. Gamboa has more skill, more speed, very nearly the same KO% even against better fighters with better chins....he's simply a better fighter IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by MalikKnucklez View Post
                  This is a horse that's been beaten half to death with Gamboa. It's no secret that Gamboa has had a trajectory of being offensively wreckless. None, and I mean none, of Gamboa's knockdowns have been cuz he was seriously hurt. He's literally gotten right back up before the count of 3, and in all instances it's been more of a lack of his own balance than anything the opponent did.

If u want to disagree with that....find me a fight where Gamboa has been knocked down and hasn't proceeded to either

1. Knockout or stop his opponent in the round directly following his Knockdown
                  2. Completely dominate and overwhelm his opponent from that point forward, significantly more than he was before the KD
                  I like Gamboa a lot but he doesn't blow Broner out like many on this board indicates. Like I stated earlier Broner has more fights and have fought less rounds, has a higher ko percentage and more knockouts. Broner is better defensively IMO and he's the bigger fighter. Nobody every brings up broners positive attributes when comparing this fight.

This would be an explosive chess match.

Comment

Originally posted by timboslice708 View Post
                    Read my post, where it says his technical boxing has grown leaps and bounds.
                    Would you agree that Broner has improved in 2 years since ponce de Leon fight?

Comment

Originally posted by garfios View Post
                      Cazador doesn't like Cubans fighters he always has something negative to say, if the fight happens we will c who is better, so far impress or not Gamboa's resume is way better than Broner's.
                      Gamboas resume is better yes because his weight class has more names than broners......

Comment

Working...
                      X