Collapse
No announcement yet.

Starting to lean towards Danny Garcia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting match up. Garcia can connect with the hook a lot on Porter but Porter can also give a lot of trouble to Danny. Porter's style can really bother Danny and Danny will have to move his cement feet, but at least Danny can pivot though and shoot that left hook. Also at least Danny's fought this year, unlike Porter. Tough pick

Comment

One thing we learned is that Danny Garcia has a good chin. He took some of Thurman's big shots early on and withstood them.

Porter fights aggressively and pressures but is not a one punch KO guy.

Interesting fight. I think it will be a close fight with Garcia edging it 115-113. I'm guessing a group of people will say Porter won and others will say Garcia won. You'll hear robbery, etc, etc......the same ol, same ol that we get on the forum.......but I think the judges will give Garcia the victory in a close fight.

Comment

Originally posted by chaosisme View Post
        This fight will probably end in a draw so that they have to have a rematch while Keith Thurman has some tune-up fights.
        That would be a ****ing disaster. Welterweight division is the last place we can afford draws right now

Comment

Its definitely Garcia's fight to win based on what we know each guy capable of. We all know Porter's plan. So Garcia just needs to maintain distance & have the fight taking place where he decides it takes place at most of the time to win. If Porter is getting inside & controlling where the fight is at it'll be his night most likely.

Comment

Originally posted by chaosisme View Post
            This fight will probably end in a draw so that they have to have a rematch while Keith Thurman has some tune-up fights.
            LOL, but probably a solid conspiracy theory here. Both of these guys being just shy of neck & neck with Thurman lends itself to them being close vs each other to one could say.

Comment

Garcia KO's him ala Rios Style. Danny is also a better counter puncher.

Comment

im edging towards danny also

porter doesnt throw straight punches exceptionally well and his movement is kind of like horns movement, not real purpose to it

Comment

Porter hasn’t fought in a while. Garcia shook off the rust against Rios, another come-forward fighter, perhaps a bit more nuanced than Porter but nowhere near as strong and well-conditioned.

Garcia also withstood Robert Guerrero in his first fight at welter. I see that win downplayed and granted it wasn’t prime Guerrero but he brought everything he had left that night.

This isn’t an easy fight for either. Porter is going to make it a rough one by smothering Garcia and trying to wear him down. Garcia’s job is to control the ring space and the pace by being a sharp boxer-puncher. Composure is an underrated attribute and Garcia is one of the more composed in the ring today. I expect that to make his work look a little cleaner against an overzealous Porter and carry him to a tight decision win.

Comment

This will be a close fight. If I had to choose though, my money would be on Danny..

Comment

Garcia by late tko. There was/is no better tune up for Porter than Rios. Danny will be ultra sharp & he will catch Porter coming in. Garcia is also an underrated finisher.

Comment

Working...
                      X