Collapse
No announcement yet.

I like Martinez: BUT rematching Junior is like Floyd rematching Marquez for $$$

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did Marquez drop and nearly KO Mayweather in the final round?

In the words of Roger Mayweather....

"Okay then."

Comment

That's pretty awesome. But I'll have to take it with a grain of salt since I can't find prices for Argentine PPV boxing pricing.

Comment

I'm not thrilled about it either. But the reality is Martinez is at the tail end of his career, I believe he's about to be 38 years old. The biggest money fight for him, REALISTICALLY, is a Chavez jr. rematch. The big fights he would really want aren't going to happen.

Comment

So it's OK for Martinez, who's legacy is not secured to fight for money fights only? Not even a HOF'er yet?

But its NOT OK for Mayweather, who is already HOF and ATG- to chase money at the end of his?

Comment

Originally posted by GoldSugar View Post
            I'm actually pretty disappointed in the rematch. The first fight was OK and it was only OK due to the last round taking it from "not main event worthy" to "OK" status.

Imagine Mayweather rematching Marquez? The outcry against Floyd "Cherypicking" a guy he already dominated would be insane, and Marquez even has more of an argument for a rematch against Mayweather than Chavez does against Martinez.

Sexy is my boy but I won't be purchasing the rematch with JR.
            Agreed. It's a waste of one of Sergio's remaining fights. How do you win 11 1/2 rounds and sell a rematch?

Comment

I'm actually pretty disappointed in the rematch. The first fight was OK and it was only OK due to the last round taking it from "not main event worthy" to "OK" status.

Imagine Mayweather rematching Marquez? The outcry against Floyd "Cherypicking" a guy he already dominated would be insane, and Marquez even has more of an argument for a rematch against Mayweather than Chavez does against Martinez.

Sexy is my boy but I won't be purchasing the rematch with JR.
              that's right.

because marquez knocked floyd down in the last round and was only saved by the bell.....

ohh wait nvm.

TS is just a raging floids infested fl*m*sexual.

Comment

So it's OK for Martinez, who's legacy is not secured to fight for money fights only? Not even a HOF'er yet?

But its NOT OK for Mayweather, who is already HOF and ATG- to chase money at the end of his?

Check out some of the names on this list and tell me Sergio doesn't deserve to be in the hall of fame:
                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Boxing_Hall_of_Fame

Comment

Originally posted by DTMB View Post
                  that's right.

because marquez knocked floyd down in the last round and was only saved by the bell.....

ohh wait nvm.

TS is just a raging floids infested fl*m*sexual.
                  Martinez regained control. No way he was saved. Smarten the hell up please.

Comment

Originally posted by BafanaBafana View Post
                    Check out some of the names on this list and tell me Sergio doesn't deserve to be in the hall of fame:
                    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Boxing_Hall_of_Fame
                    lol. The only hall that matters is the IBHOF.

Comment

This fight can very well have a different ending than the first. Chavez knows he can hurt Martinez now. It took him 12 rds to realize that. I think in a rematch, Chavez will apply better pressure, perhaps cutting off the ring, and when getting inside, he's just going to throw caution to the wind and go for it. It was obvious that when Sergio attempted to trade with Chavez, Chavez totally out muscled Sergio...
                      I wouldn't count Chavez out in the rematch at all... not to mention age isn't in Sergio's favor.

Comment

Working...
                      X