Favorite Roberto Duran Fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Barn View Post
    So easily the Leonard I for me.
    Yes. One of the most impressive accomplishments in boxing history.

I consider Leonard the best WW ever in part because of his resume, who he beat. Incredible. And for Duran to jump a weight class and outfox and outwork him was astonishing.

Comment

I was lucky to grow up in the 70’s in a household devoted to the sport of boxing. I watched all of Duran’s bouts live from Buchanan on. He was a terror as a lightweight. Brutal fast puncher, endless stamina, killer instinct. When Arcel spoke of Duran as the closest thing to Jack Dempsey THIS was the fighter he was referring to. My favorite bouts?

Fernandez - an opponent who ran as if he were in a marathon. BRUTAL KO.

Lampkin - Another brutal one punch KO this time with a left hook. Duran’s interview right after the bout that Ray would be sent to the morgue rather than the hospital if they ever fought again.

SRL 1 - Watched this bout live at the long gone Totawa ice world. Aside from Ali Frazier 3 the most exciting bout I ever saw live.

Comment

Leonard 1 and Iran Barkeley...

Comment

While the 1st (and 2nd for that matter) Leonard fights have much more historical importance, for me it's the Moore fight.

Moore was viewed as a young lion, was undefeated and was the considerably larger man and Duran basically kicked his a$$ every minute of every round with defence, punching power and boxing savvy.
          Last edited by just the facts; 12-15-2018, 10:31 PM.

Comment

Kind of irrelevant, because his greatest KO was, of course, not filmed. He KO'd a horse with one lefhook.

Comment

Davey Moore.

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
                While the 1st (and 2nd for that matter) Leonard fights have much more historical importance, for me it's the Moore fight.

Moore was viewed as a young lion, was undefeated and was the considerably larger man and Duran basically kicked his a$$ every minute of every round with defence, punching power and boxing savvy.
                And a thumb to the eye

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Beamish View Post
                  And a thumb to the eye
                  As the immortal pro wrestler Jesse Ventura used to say when he became a legendary WWF commentator "a thumb to the eye will stop anyone."

Comment

Duran put on a boxing clinic during his win over Moore. Thumb or no thumb Moore had no chance. One of the best technical displays I can think of.

Comment

Barkley fight. Gotta rewatch it soon

Comment

Working...
                      X