Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Loma Thinks Pedraza Would've Beaten Davis If He Prepared Better

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
    Styles make fights and Lomachenko is coming off surgery and a layoff. No fighter is perfect but fundamentality sound I don't think there is a better one in the sport. Age or the right punch will eventually catch up to him but until then he's the best we've got.
    I think Crawford may be a better all round fighter personally. It's still yet to be decided though. I'm not saying Lomachenko isn't more exciting to watch for most people, but that's different to actually being he best.
    Loma is excellent, but I get irritated by people saying he's better than Mayweather. His defensive flaws make me think he could be beaten again by the right opponent. They would have to be ****ing good though!

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      Your still doing it. You are making every excuse for a guy you like. Tank is in the 1st fight of a new TV deal his promoter got. You are a long time boxing fan that knows big names get easy "look good" fights the 1st time their promoter gets a new TV deal. As an example look at DAZN. AJ got Povetkin and Canelo is getting Fielding (not that Tank is a draw on their level).

Loma fought Marriaga coming off a loss moving up (wasn't this 1st ESPN fight). When you responded to daggum's post that made a point about fighting smaller guys moving up, you forgot to mention this. Yet you went in on Tank.

It's fine to kill Tank for not fighting Loma. That said you cosigned a criticism of him fighting "a guy coming off a loss moving up" in Mares when the fight hasn't happened yet while Loma actually DID do this and you offer no criticism for it and justify it.

You're wrong here dude. This is a problem you get irate about when you perceive other posters are doing it. When you do the EXACT same thing you want it to be looked at differently and resent posters that call you on it.
      Tank's last fight was a guy coming off a loss, no wins in three years and moving up in weight too. This is two in a row and there's been zero demand for either fight.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
        who cares davis is a ducking coward who refused to fight loma. why would he give him props in any way? the only reason davis is still relevant is because he didnt fight loma and chose the safe path fighting smaller guys moving up coming off losses. he somehow keeps fans after doing both those things. some people dont have standards. davis is much more popular than gary russell jr who took a risk and lost to loma. thats why fighters duck. boxing is not a meritocracy but more like a meritocrazy where some fighters get hyped up based on fantasy and they ride that fantasy wave to riches
        Daggum, You mean like Loma fighting Marriaga moving up coming off a loss or are you just limiting your criticism to those fighters you don't like?

Comment

Originally posted by apollocreed View Post
          I think Crawford may be a better all round fighter personally. It's still yet to be decided though. I'm not saying Lomachenko isn't more exciting to watch for most people, but that's different to actually being he best.
          I think both Lomachenko and Crawford are the clear cut top two with Usyk the third best.

I give Loma a slight edge based on seeing them as so equal but Loma having the better resume.

Crawford does appear more complete IMO and appears to be a better fit for his new weight given his height and reach still match up well whereas Loma seems smaller and shorter. Lomachenko can probably dazzle a bit more and dominate more when he switches up the heat but Crawford may have more ways to win.

Both are great to watch. Lomachenko a little more flashy overall, both great thinkers who adapt and I love they both go to the body with bad intentions.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
            Tank's last fight was a guy coming off a loss, no wins in three years and moving up in weight too. This is two in a row and there's been zero demand for either fight.
            They fought for a vacant title. You surely are not blaming Tank for the WBA rankings?

Regarding "demand", you are over exaggerating to justify. The demand was great in 2014-15, not as much in December 2017 when they fought. It is unfair to suggest there was the same demand for Rigo to move up 2 weight classes to fight Loma as there was demand for Loma to fight him when Loma was at 126.

You still can't avoid the fact you criticized Tank for doing something yet gave Loma a pass for the same thing. You often post about how bad things are. This is the reason why.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              They fought for a vacant title. You surely are not blaming Tank for the WBA rankings?

Regarding "demand", you are over exaggerating to justify. The demand was great in 2014-15, not as much in December 2017 when they fought. It is unfair to suggest there was the same demand for Rigo to move up 2 weight classes to fight Loma as there was demand for Loma to fight him when Loma was at 126.

You still can't avoid the fact you criticized Tank for doing something yet gave Loma a pass for the same thing. You often post about how bad things are. This is the reason why.
              Yes I can. He was maneuvered into a BS title against an opponent that had no business. If you want to give him a pass fine but you better make sure your next fight isn’t a dud if you are going to do that as your only fight for last year.

I wasn’t happy with the Marriaga fight either but there wasn’t any other option at a months notice after Salido backed out on his word.

The demand was there still for Rigo which always confused me as it would never have been a contest even when Rigo turned it down for more than what he ended up making.

Tank has done nothing in two years and is content on fighting guys coming off losses moving up and actively seeking those fights. Not sure how you can give that a pass.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                Yes I can. He was maneuvered into a BS title against an opponent that had no business. If you want to give him a pass fine but you better make sure your next fight isn’t a dud if you are going to do that as your only fight for last year.

I wasn’t happy with the Marriaga fight either but there wasn’t any other option at a months notice after Salido backed out on his word.

The demand was there still for Rigo which always confused me as it would never have been a contest even when Rigo turned it down for more than what he ended up making.

Tank has done nothing in two years and is content on fighting guys coming off losses moving up and actively seeking those fights. Not sure how you can give that a pass.
                Tank maneuvered him into that position? CJS you can't be serious. That is just ******ed and should be beneath you to pretend to be stupid. While we can agree it was garbage, Tank fought the guy the WBA ranked for a vacant title.

So it's Salido's fault Loma fought a guy coming off a loss. Now if someone posted he was Loma's daddy you'd have a fit yet you blame him for Loma's decision making just like Salido was his parent. You are really embarrassing yourself here.

Why didn't Loma just maneuver a better opponent into position like you allege Tank did? Loma has a higher profile than Tank so it should've been easy to do.

Where did I give Tank a pass? I didn't make a post calling out Loma for something both he and Tank did.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                  No doubt! Do you know who he's supposed fight next? I couldn't find it.
                  I dont know yet but i let you know as soon i got some info.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                    No doubt! Do you know who he's supposed fight next? I couldn't find it.
                    I don't know yet but i let you know as soon i got some info.

Comment

Originally posted by PrBoxing88 View Post
                      I don't know yet but i let you know as soon i got some info.
                      Gracias amigo! Looking forward to it!

Comment

Working...
                      X