Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hagler/Hearns.If Hearns didn't break his hand...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The massage thing was always dubious to me.

i thought all Hagler's punches to Hearn's gonads weakened his legs.
    Ref, Steele, warned Hagler numerous times in the 3 rds, but no points, so Hagler kept doing it. He was certainly dirty in that fight.

This is something people should talk about as it could have influenced the fight by preventing Hearn's moving.

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
      I had quadrillions of points. Where are they, TBear?
      The points on the forum have been reset for everyone.

Comment

Didnt matter what hearns did he could have hit hagler with a crow bar hagler was out for blood

Comment

Marvin was going to win anyways, but he would win around the 8th round.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite76 View Post
            Marvin was going to win anyways, but he would win around the 8th round.
            Hearns lasting to the 8th round is probably generous. Hearns was my all time favorite fighter but I have to admit he was spent after that 1st round.

Comment

Originally posted by LITTLE JOE View Post
              Hearns lasting to the 8th round is probably generous. Hearns was my all time favorite fighter but I have to admit he was spent after that 1st round.
              Joe has a solid point here.

Comment

A low blow does not mean a low blow to the balls. To hit an opponent in the balls requires a VERY low blow. As a reminder they hang way below the pelvis between ones legs. Predominantly a low blow lands on the lower stomach/pelvis. A jarring blow (although protected by safety equipment) but NOT on the balls.

Comment

Originally posted by Brockton Lip View Post
                  They weren't right from the start of the fight. In the dressing room, his handlers massaged his legs before the fight which took alot of them and because of that, he tried to take out Hagler early before his legs would fail. This if I recall correctly, is according to Steward so it should not be taken as 100% fact, but is something to consider.
                  True dat, but it wasn't the handlers massaging Hearns legs, it was just some one in the crowd of people who were just hanging out in the dressing room. When Emauel returned to the dressing room he blew his top, pulled his gun and demanded that all of the hanger ons clear the dressing room. ..Rockin'

Comment

--- What if Tommy had been born a 6-1 flyweight, or better yet a Pygmy?

Or a dachshund or a elephant?

What if he and the OP were never born?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Comment

Hearns mentality towards fighting would never have beaten hagler....he liked to go to war to much and against a stronger harder headed hagler..he would have have always knocked him out......if how ever he had chosen to box like we know he could have then we might have had a different result.
                      Hearns had superb boxing qualities he just did not have the disclpine or boxing IQ to use it.

Comment

Working...
                      X