Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rocky Marciano VS Wladimir Klitschko.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marciano was good at what he did. But as another poster mentioned...that slow, pawing jab while stalking to get inside tactic wouldn't cut it against Wlad. There's too much difference in reach and Rocky didn't move his feet quick enough to effectively close that distance.

I lean towards the old fighters usually being better than the modern ones but you have to examine each matchup on a case by case basis. In this case I have to pick Klitschko. Marciano would keep coming, sprinkling in his awkward lunges as he got more and more desperate. But he'd be torn to bits and eventually stopped in my opinion.
    Ivich Ivich likes this.

Comment

Wlad stands a good chance.

But Rock would be real awkward to fight being crouched so low and with such a hard punch even for an ancient cruiserweight.

Wlads glass Chin wont stand up to a single shot from Marciano, his power was special.

I think Wlad tries to clinch him and eats one to the jaw on the way into the clinch and he gets knocked out, Rock had v short arms he can generate force REALLY close

Wlads power would be mitigated by the fact he would be pucnhing at the top of Marciano's steal head

Footwork isnt a problem because Wlad just tries to jab cross and hug, hed get him when he tried to hug or cross

Comment

Marciano shouldnt be able to touch Wlad, since he was born in a different time when men were alot smaller, its a testament to his effectiveness that we can even consider him as a possible match up.

You wouldnt consider John L sullivan as a possible threat vs Marciano
        Last edited by AlexKid; 03-05-2016, 10:52 PM.

Comment

At first glance this would be a mismatch for Wlad but Marciano's strengths are also Wlad's weaknesses. Mental toughness, endurance and punching power. Not that Wlad didn't have power, he just didn't do well against it.

Comment

Originally posted by atomicsad View Post
            At first glance this would be a mismatch for Wlad but Marciano's strengths are also Wlad's weaknesses. Mental toughness, endurance and punching power. Not that Wlad didn't have power, he just didn't do well against it.
            At first, second and third glance this would be a mismatch, because it is. The only way Marciano wins is if Wlad gets DQed for excessive frontal dry humping. There are no other realistic scenarios.
            Ivich Ivich moneytheman Ascended like this.

Comment

Probably the hardest hitter in HW history, a phenomenal athlete with great footwork and blazing hand speed, master at controlling distance, very strong, 6'5 240, one of the greatest resume against other modern heavy-super heavyweights, against a 5'8-5'9 light-heavy from the 40s...

Marciano was great, ATG and undefeated, in his time, but got hurt and cut easily against other small light-heavies/cruisers... Same boat as Lewis vs Dempsey, Klitschko KO1-2 Marciano...

Wladimir's chin is not weak or glass also, have you ever seen him ko cold? No, always TKO in particular circumstances, when he wasn't as refined... His problem is that he doesn't like getting hit and he panics, but the chin is decent, just not iron... And still only modern hard hitting heavies can expose his chin...

My opinion of course...
              moneytheman Ascended likes this.

Comment

This fight is a mismatch. Wlad would stop him in a round or two.

I'd give Dempsey way more of a chance because of his hand and foot speed.

Comment

Originally posted by slicksouthpaw16 View Post
                  Marciano would be a cruiser weight in todays standards. He'd have way too much to overcome. Wouldn't last long.

Nah, he'd do fine. I don't see Usyk having the firepower to keep Marciano off of him. Late stoppage, regrettably.

Maybe in 5 years Usyk will prove us wrong. But right now, Rawk is the wicked betta' man, kid.

Comment

Fighting effectively in a crouch negates a taller fighters advantages. That’s the purpose of fighting low. Marciano will be at Wlads thigh level making any punch difficult to land. As Wlad bends at the waist to do so his chin then becomes a target. Wlad could not take it well. Single shots made him appear to want to quit from far lesser opponents. Remember nothing’s like Purrity, Sanders knocked him to another universe. Also let’s take Wlads PEDS away to even the playing field.
                    Slugfester Slugfester likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by abdelfadeel View Post
                      I am a non-biased, well educated and a very informed ex-boxer who has known dozens of great fighters, several hundred "champions" who have won "title belts" and literally thousands of fighters and people who have dedicated there lives to boxing and teaching boxing, who have made their livings in the boxing business I have seen Wlad fight with my own eyes. Nostalgia or Nationalistic loyalty's aside, I can assure you that if Lamont Brewster, Cory Sanders and Ross Pruitty would KO Wlad, there is no scenario within the realm of reason where Wlad could go the distance with Marciano. As small as Rock was, and with a 68 inch reach weighing 180 lbs against Wlad's 81 inch reach (with the jab Emanual taught him) and weighing 230 there is no doubt in my mind that Marciano would have KOed Wlad with relative ease.

Wlad's chin is his Achilles heel, and Rock was one of history's great KO punchers, if you can say with a straight face that Brewster, Sanders or Pruitty were better than Marciano, you sir are the one deluded. "Greatness" transcends mere title's or even "championships', it is an element of personality that causes Joe Frazier to get up 6 times against Foreman or Ali fight 12 rounds with a broken jaw. Marciano showed it by answering the next bell with one of the worse cuts in boxing history against Charles and KOing Charles with his nose split down the middle. Wlad got up against Samuel Peters, so he showed heart, but lets face it, his chin was the reason he was down in the first place.

Marciaon by KO in 6
                      Your crazy idiot rock was way to outdated slow and stiff so how would he ever even land on wlad who fought way better movers you need to watch matches before posting stupid stuff

Comment

Working...
                      X