John Skipper, head of Perform Group (DAZN), left ESPN because of cocaine use

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BennyBlanco View Post
    Had his vices under control??? lol.

He lost his job as arguably the most powerful person in sports due to his cocaine use. That doesn't sound like "under control" at all.
    He didn’t lose his job

He resigned because his drug dealer
    Tried to extort him and make it public and he chose to resign instead of having his private life put On front street

He decided to control the narrative

From all reports he didn’t Let his drug use get in the way of his work , Espn recently gave him a contract extension before he resigned so obviously they felt his drug use didn’t get in the way of his performance at the job

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
      He didn’t lose his job

He resigned because his drug dealer
      Tried to extort him and make it public and he chose to resign instead of having his private life put On front street

He decided to control the narrative

From all reports he didn’t Let his drug use get in the way of his work , Espn recently gave him a contract extension before he resigned so obviously they felt his drug use didn’t get in the way of his performance at the job
      the fact he was using the drug got in the way of his work as he had to resign....had he not been on drugs the issue would not had existed

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
        the fact he was using the drug got in the way of his work as he had to resign....had he not been on drugs the issue would not had existed
        What a person chooses to do in their private life unless it’s hurting another person when their off the clock is their business and shouldn’t effect their job

Larry Should you lose your job because you threaten people on Twitter , or post videos on a boxing website holding guns , drinking and smoking blunts threatening members ( both of which effect other people )

Or should you be able to live your life and have a job as long as you don’t bring it to the workplace and it doesn’t effect your performance?
        Last edited by R_Walken; 08-16-2018, 09:40 PM.

Comment

What a person chooses to do in their private life unless it’s hurting another person when their off the clock is their business and shouldn’t effect their job

Larry Should you lose your job because you threaten people on Twitter , or post videos on a boxing website holding guns , drinking and smoking blunts threatening members ( both of which effect other people )

Or should you be able to live your life and have a job as long as you don’t bring it to the workplace and it doesn’t effect your performance?
          It isnt my business what people do but you said the drug did not get in the way of his work..But it did as it is the reason he had to leave that job

Comment

If Larry posted one of these videos, then someone decided to blackmail him with it and Larry had to resign from his job, I'd argue that it affected his job performance.

That said, Larry needs to mail me some backwoods, because the nanny state up here banned them.

Comment

It isnt my business what people do but you said the drug did not get in the way of his work..But it did as it is the reason he had to leave that job
              ^^^this is when you know a poster isn't intellectually honest. SMDH.

Comment

It wasn’t his drug use or his performance why he lost his job , but him being a public figure for a large corporate company that obviously doesnt want any negative publicity that made him resign

That’s the difference

So let me get this straight you A-OK with letting your private life be separated from work until some envious scumbag looking for $ tries to blackmail you , then it becomes a problem

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                If Larry posted one of these videos, then someone decided to blackmail him with it and Larry had to resign from his job, I'd argue that it affected his job performance.

That said, Larry needs to mail me some backwoods, because the nanny state up here banned them.
                I don’t know

I just think what a person does when their off the clock is their business as long as they aren’t bringing it to the office or hurting another person

the person doing the blackmail is the POS , not the guy who likes to do blow and has a proven track record of not letting it disrupt his work

Comment

It wasn’t his drug use or his performance why he lost his job , but him being a public figure for a large corporate company that obviously doesnt want any negative publicity that made him resign

That’s the difference

So let me get this straight you A-OK with letting your private life be separated from work until some envious scumbag looking for $ tries to blackmail you , then it becomes a problem

I don’t know

I just think what a person does when their off the clock is their business as long as they aren’t bringing it to the office or hurting another person

the person doing the blackmail is the POS , not the guy who likes to do blow and has a proven track record of not letting it disrupt his work
                  of course the guy doing the blackmail is a POS. he is a cocaine dealer. Strange he expected he was buying from the cocaine dealer with the heart of gold.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                    Lol @ people making excuses for the guy. This isn't the late 70's/early 80's where coke usage is in style. DAZN seems to be a series of disappointments and there's this weird fanbase that tries to normalize it all.
                    Ok. See you in the next DAZN/Hearn related thread. And the next one. And the next one.

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
                      Ok. See you in the next DAZN/Hearn related thread. And the next one. And the next one.

Sounds like you really wanted to say that but couldn't find a good place for it so you just picked a random post and went at it.
                      Get ahold of yourself kid.

These Hearn goons are embarrassingly dense.

Comment

Working...
                      X