No announcement yet.

GGG finally was a good boy and realized he's the B side

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
    The truth is Golovkin has no viable financial options without Canelo. GGG giving up his dream of "all the belts" and waiting around for the cash cow was the smartest financial decision he ever made. Who cares about titles when you can get paid more for two fights than you've made in your entire career. He even managed to get some extra money for himself in negotiations. Not bad for a B side fighter.
    GGG will make in excess of 40 million. That's close to twice what Wilder will make vs. AJ in the first fight.

I would say that's a great business move by GGG.

Comment

After all this, I would never want to play poker with Team GGG. I might leave the table half naked.

But I'd RUN WITH A QUICKNESS to get to a table where Oscar or his boy Gomez were sitting. I'd expect to leave as majority owner of GBP.

All the bluster from GBP just made them look desperate. Every other day they were threatening "We'll walk away!! I know we said that last time, but this time we're REALLY, REALLY serious!!"

Meanwhile Team GGG was cool as a cucumber. I especially like their "Its the principle" shtick. Lol, yeah, the principle of GETTING PAID!

Comment

The good “B side” Boy will make the A side cry when he stomps on him.

GGG BY KO.

Comment

Originally posted by eco1 View Post
          The good “B side” Boy will make the A side cry when he stomps on him.

GGG BY KO.
          ^ This.

No Ped's spells sleepy time or a lot of lumps and bruises.

Comment

Your thread doesn't make any logical sense. If anything, GGG came on top of all this debacle. He negotiated more than anyone thought he'd get against Canelo.

You aren't even a good troll!

Comment

Originally posted by lparm View Post
              Good news for boxing fans and this time I believe Canelo will get his win. It's taken ggg some time but he finally got it and knows his place.
              well that "good boy" is about to make at least 30-40 million. Whats YOUR Q3 looking like??? lol

Comment

GGG got a victory at the negotiation table no way around it he got more money then anybody with a sane mind thought he was worth. But the victory didn't come without a cost, the IBF belt. By dragging this out to the final hour he got stripped. Had 40% on the table 2 weeks ago if he takes that deal very likely the IBF makes an exception and allows him 1 more fight before he owes his mandatory. He was never getting 50% but by holding out for a few more percent points he proved it was never about belts or unification it was about money. He got 42.5% and whatever sweetener MGM came in with (hail mary) at the final hour to get him to sign. Huge win. But Canelo can't be a loser in a equation if he's taking 57.5% of the PPV and all of the mexican TV money. His check will be much larger then GGG's and whatever the hail mary was didn't come from his end. Canelo, GGG, Golden Boy, K2 all make more money then they did last year. The only loser is Saunders he get's nothing and has lost the GGG fight now 3 times and has to explain the "injury" bs with Murray. lol

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
                  well that "good boy" is about to make at least 30-40 million. Whats YOUR Q3 looking like??? lol
                  Honestly significantly less. I'm thinking net 18k for the quarter.

Comment

If G goes 2 the body, he finishes Canelo

Comment

yeah, GGG really forgot his place until he caught Oscar's hail mary.

Comment

Working...
                      X