Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does FMJ stack up agains the atg lightweights....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does FMJ stack up agains the atg lightweights....

what do u guys think....

i think duran has the style to beat him but what about the likes of benny leonard, ike williams, carlos ortiz, kid chocolate, jcc, and
    whitaker etc....

im not talking about greatness and acheivemnts just head to head.

I think he has a fair chance with most ATGs at 135,id pick Duran and Whitaker over him confidently but certainly think he could best Chavez,thats a fantasy fight id love too see.

Comment

i think duran maybe whitaker and maybe chavez....

i think duran would win late tko or like a 8-4 decision

whitaker might have trouble with FMJs hieght/reach but i think whitaker could do it....

and chaves wold be a good one but i dont think he could win maybe though...

Comment

I think Chavez gets slightly overrated and Floyd was a beast at 135 despite not being there too long so id certainly give him the edge in the match-up
        Last edited by The_Demon; 08-18-2011, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Duran beats him decisively, I also think Camacho has the style and is faster than Floyd he can beat Floyd decisively.

Comment

camcho? really?

Comment

Originally posted by ghns1133 View Post
              camcho? really?
              Yes he is faster than Floyd, and smart.

Comment

Well, as much of a douchebag as he is, he matches up well with anyone at any weight from 140 down really. I think at 147 he starts to get beaten clearly by the greats like Hearns, Leonard etc.

From 140 though, he still has the height and reach, along with the amazing speed and skill. He's probably a natural 140 pound fighter. Probably would have been his division along with 135 in the fight-day-weigh-in era I imagine.

Anyway, as I said, he's a difficult fight for anyone at 135. Whether he beats the best though is another thing. He's certainly beatable, as every fighter is, and he was beaten at 135 by Castillo.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
                  Yes he is faster than Floyd, and smart.
                  speed is hes got

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
                    Well, as much of a douchebag as he is, he matches up well with anyone at any weight from 140 down really. I think at 147 he starts to get beaten clearly by the greats like Hearns, Leonard etc.

From 140 though, he still has the height and reach, along with the amazing speed and skill. He's probably a natural 140 pound fighter. Probably would have been his division along with 135 in the fight-day-weigh-in era I imagine.

Anyway, as I said, he's a difficult fight for anyone at 135. Whether he beats the best though is another thing. He's certainly beatable, as every fighter is, and he was beaten at 135 by Castillo.
                    I agree. I think Mayweather is competitive with anyone at 140 and below.

I think their is a list of fighters who beat him at 135. The division is way to stacked, as you know.

Someone like Ike Williams, for example, would be a nightmare for Mayweather.

But, he's competitve with anyone although I'd pick alot over him at that weight.

As for 130, I pick him over everyone. Including Arguello.

At 147, and I tried to explain this in NSB but unfortunately I don't think they understand it without getting super defensive about the guy from their era. But at 147, his 4th weight class, he's out of his league with the ATG's. He's overmatched and will lose to long list of fighters there.

Nsb pick Mayweather over Robinson at 147 and I got called a "nostalgic lover of old fighters with my black and white picture" () an also was shot down for arguing that Kid Gavilan is as talented and skilled as Mayweather and how stupid I was for believing someone like Gavilan who has "wild ass punches" can be compared to Mayweather ()
                    Last edited by IronDanHamza; 08-18-2011, 10:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X