Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Liam Smith Should Give Us Much Better Read On Munguia Than Ali

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Liam Smith Should Give Us Much Better Read On Munguia Than Ali

Jaime Munguia demolished Sadam Ali so easily and so quickly, it looked like Ali didn't even belong in the ring with him. In hindsight, Ali probably didn't belong in the ring with the emerging Mexican knockout artist. Not because Ali can't fight, but because he's not really a 154-pounder. Munguia (29-0, 25 KOs) won't own that advantage over Liam Smith, the opponent for his first WBO junior middleweight title defense Saturday night in Las Vegas. England's Smith, a former WBO junior middleweight champion, is the mandatory challenger for that same title he lost to Canelo Alvarez nearly two years ago.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Let's see what happens as Smith is not a big banger and that may be his downfall, but the fight should go half way I would think to me he is a fringe contender and just being mandatory does not say anything about his actual ability..

Comment

This is going to be a short fight. The co-main event with Machado and Mensah will be more of an entertaining fight. This just looks too one sided for me. I suppose we could say this is a good test for starters for Munguia though I would have preferred someone else for him. Unfortunately, Smith had to be the mandatory. Even when he beats Smith, I don't think people will be sold on him cause Smith lacks power. I think the reality of this fight is that HBO is so desperate to find the next big mexican fighter since Canelo is starting to diminish and Showtime and ESPN has been outnumbering them in the viewership ratings. which reminds me next weekend is the Garcia and Easter fight. That would be more of an exciting fight cause I'm curious to see what adjustments Easter will have now that he's with Kevin Cunningham. I could be wrong though. The Munguia and Smith fight could be competitive. We'll know for sure tomorrow night how Munguia handles himself with an experienced welterweight

Comment

It will be a blow out. Bring on Hurd, Charlo or Lara. Any one of them would be a test. It's too bad NV had the power to prevent the GGG match-up.

Comment

Originally posted by herb666 View Post
          It will be a blow out. Bring on Hurd, Charlo or Lara. Any one of them would be a test. It's too bad NV had the power to prevent the GGG match-up.
          He needs to stay the hell away from the 3 you mentioned!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X