Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Consensus p4p (based on TBRB, Ring & ESPN)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Usyk or Gassiev?

Or is this a USA based list only?

The winner of Usyk vs Gassiev have a legitimate claim to being number 1.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
      He moved around to collect the easy belts (he did outgrow 126 I'll give him that). Call me old fashioned but I'll take Tszyu/GGG/Hagler/Monzon style domination of one division over the multi-weight stuff which can be be manipulated through savvy and opportunistic matchmaking. .
      Well said. Multi weight champs in a time when there are about 8 belts has really lost its value. E.g Badou Jack getting that regular belt off Nathan Cleverly who hadn't won a fight until he fought a guy who got injured mid fight.

Mikey Garcia getting a belt from a guy i never heard of.

Cotto ever since his loss to Margarito managed to keep getting belts somehow even when he hadn't fought in 2 years he walked into a vacant 154 lb title fight against a 147 lber.

Too right about the Champs who dominated their divisions and KTFO'd the other Champs . I'll never forget Tszyu's reign to becoming undisputed champ. .... whilst look at how Crawford got it lol

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        Ring and Espn rankings are not valid imo because they have the appearance of impropriety because of corporate ownership and partnerships. Very hard to trust either. I remember a few months ago when atlas was forced to change his top 5 such that they had Errol Spence listed as a Cuban.

If go with the TBRB rankings because they seem to be the least influenced by business relationships and corporate ties.
        I'm sure the Cuban thing was a typo. Mistakes are made. Showtime appeared tried to pass Gary Russell off as "undefeated" a few weeks ago. Tim Bradley thought he was in Argentina watching Pacquaio-Horn.

HBO's top 5 I caught the top 3 which was 1. Loma 2. Crawford 3. GGG which IMO sounds about right though TBRB has Rungvisai in GGG's place which based on their last two fights sounds reasonable but it does appear the vast majority of publications, fans, media members etc; would have GGG at the #3. I think if Usyk beats Gassiev free of controversy he'd have the resume to break the top 3 and I think he seems to have the skill set to warrant such a placing.

Comment

Originally posted by moochi View Post
          Well said. Multi weight champs in a time when there are about 8 belts has really lost its value. E.g Badou Jack getting that regular belt off Nathan Cleverly who hadn't won a fight until he fought a guy who got injured mid fight.

Mikey Garcia getting a belt from a guy i never heard of.

Cotto ever since his loss to Margarito managed to keep getting belts somehow even when he hadn't fought in 2 years he walked into a vacant 154 lb title fight against a 147 lber.

Too right about the Champs who dominated their divisions and KTFO'd the other Champs . I'll never forget Tszyu's reign to becoming undisputed champ. .... whilst look at how Crawford got it lol
          Tszyu's reign was great. Long, dominant and exciting. He's one of my favorites. I don't have any issues with Crawford's though. He dominated everyone and though the competition was a level below Tszyu's he still fought who he had to in order to get the 4 belts and he did so with style.

Imagine how good Tszyu vs. Crawford would have been

Comment

Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
            just a few questions I need answers to bro

why is spence ahead of crawford?

spence best win is peterson. diaz argaubly beat peterson and crawford dominated diaz

how is rungvisai ahead of mikey? a guy who has won titles in 4 weight classes without losing.

and how is lomachencko ranked ahead of canelo when loma has lost more recently than canelo and canelo has a better resume than anybody in the top 10?

why usyk? but no gassiev?
            ^This.

That so-called "P4P list" only proves that the so-called "boxing experts" are nothing more than clueless fanbois.

Lomachenko @ P4P #1? Ridiculous. Garcia, Rungvisai, Alvarez and Crawford all have better resumes...

Comment

I got wilder #1...im not biased tho

Comment

Originally posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
                ^This.

That so-called "P4P list" only proves that the so-called "boxing experts" are nothing more than clueless fanbois.

Lomachenko @ P4P #1? Ridiculous. Garcia, Rungvisai, Alvarez and Crawford all have better resumes...
                It's multiple lists combined. Based on those combined lists, the vast majority of fans it would appear you are perhaps even more clueless. You are probably one of those guys that picked Rigo, Walters and perhaps even Linares?

Garcia? Seriously? He hasn't even been in with a top 30 p4p guy.

Comment

It's multiple lists combined. Based on those combined lists, the vast majority of fans it would appear you are perhaps even more clueless. You are probably one of those guys that picked Rigo, Walters and perhaps even Linares?

people had lil g in the top 3, some maybe even 1, before he fought Jacobs...which would have him with 0 top 50 p4p guys.....

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    yes, rungvisai has three very good wins and very recently, but are you really picking him to beat anybody in the world?

do you think rungvisai is a better fighter than lomachenko?
                    The fact of the matter is Rungvisai has the W over a guy who was considered by many to be the P4P #1 guy in the world. *Nothing* on Lomafako's resume comes anywhere close. Plus, add in the loss to Orlando Salido and Lomafako's lofty P4P ranking easily appears to be the complete JOKE that it is...

Comment

Garcia managed to beat Orlando Salido.

Comment

Working...
                      X