No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jeremy Renner To Play Rocky Marciano in New Film

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jeremy Renner To Play Rocky Marciano in New Film

Jeremy Renner is stepping into the ring for a Rocky Marciano biopic.

The Hurt Locker star will play the famous boxer who held the heavyweight crown from 1952 to 1956 in "Undefeated: The Rocky Marciano Story."

[Click Here To Read More]

Good choice.

Comment

A lot of boxing movies coming out lately

Comment

Very poor sad choice. #1 he isn't even Italian, # 2 he's 44, alot older than a prime Marciano was. # 3 he looks nothing like the rock. They certainly could have found a guy that looks more like the Brockton blockbuster

Comment

If Will Smith can be Ali then Morgan Freeman could play Rocky Marciano so what the hell why not this guy.

Comment

Should of gotten someone like Jon Bernthal

Comment

Originally posted by vitali1999 View Post
              Very poor sad choice. #1 he isn't even Italian, # 2 he's 44, alot older than a prime Marciano was. # 3 he looks nothing like the rock. They certainly could have found a guy that looks more like the Brockton blockbuster
              Christian Bale and none of the cast for Exodus: Gods and Kings were black, so at this point who cares. Even though the movie is set in ancient Egypt, in Africa, where they depicted themselves and described themselves as black and so does depictions in the Holy Bible.....ya know...skin of bronze, not lily white

The Tut mini series is a joke too...one main character is black....at this point I guess they are casting who "does well" in auditions instead of using historical accuracy

Comment

I'm looking forward to the sequels more, Undefeated II: The Floyd Mayweather Story, Undefeated III: The Joe Calzahge Story & then Undefeated IV: The Joe Mesi Story, I've seen the Rocky Marciano story a bunch of times already.
                Last edited by Eff Pandas; 12-21-2015, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Okay as a film nerd I looked up some of these cats cuz I haven't heard of them (well Renner I've heard of obviously) & all these guys are basically hacks in the business. The fact no director is attached is a huge sign this film isn't even in any form of pre-production yet so it could be a year or three before they even film their first scene (or it'll be a B or C level film). The producer has even acted in about half the films he's produced which is some community theater type level of silliness or desperation.

I give this film about a 7% chance of being made, about a 3% chance of getting made with Renner & about a 35% chance of having the script being re-written once a director is attached & this new version of the film having at least 5 minutes of it focused on Rocky's suitcase full of dildos.

Comment

The first Rock movie was pretty good. Maybe it's to dated?

Comment

Working...
                    X