Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can GGG fight off HBO if K2 loses the purse bid?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can GGG fight off HBO if K2 loses the purse bid?

Why is it so hard to get the answer to this question? Loeffler has done multiple interviews about the fight, including an interview about the purse bid after he called for it. I keep reading GGG has an exclusive contract with HBO but does he have a clause that allows him to fight off HBO if he loses a purse bid? I assume he does, especially since Loeffler is the one that wanted an early purse bid. Has this question been answered and I missed it?

i'm a GGG fan but this contracts kill everything tbh. it sucks

Comment

As you said, judging by the fact that GGG's team want the purse bid, it might seem that they imagine they can lose it and still fight on another network.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
        i'm a GGG fan but this contracts kill everything tbh. it sucks
        What fight did it kill?

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          Why is it so hard to get the answer to this question? Loeffler has done multiple interviews about the fight, including an interview about the purse bid after he called for it. I keep reading GGG has an exclusive contract with HBO but does he have a clause that allows him to fight off HBO if he loses a purse bid? I assume he does, especially since Loeffler is the one that wanted an early purse bid. Has this question been answered and I missed it?
          A lot of folk are wondering the same thing I imagine, but AFAIK there has been no information on the matter. It's the kinda thing that I'd have thought I'd notice so I doubt it's out there. Guess HBO wouldn't particularly want such information made public either since such knowledge could very definitely influence a rival's bidding tactics.

Comment

We don't know and Loeffler may not allowed to publicly disclose this.

But my guess is that every possible scenario is accounted for in Golovkin's contract with HBO. This was a scenario that K2 knew would happen one day.

Comment

Nobody knows, I suspect they can. But doesn't matter, there's no chance of them losing this bid. Haymons not even gonna try, Jacobs trainer said they vacate

Comment

Fighters whom make a lot of money from a network should not complain when network conflicts arise neither should their fans, the fighter has signed a lucrative deal for himself not the fans. Klitschko signed a three fight deal that upon expiration would have allowed him to cross networks and fought Wilder on showtime, he wasn't ushered into facing a deal longer than he needed why should GGG ? He and his team have only themselves to blame, HBO excluded Haymon.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott. Weiland View Post
                  Fighters whom make a lot of money from a network should not complain when network conflicts arise neither should their fans, the fighter has signed a lucrative deal for himself not the fans. Klitschko signed a three fight deal that upon expiration would have allowed him to cross networks and fought Wilder on showtime, he wasn't ushered into facing a deal longer than he needed why should GGG ? He and his team have only themselves to blame, HBO excluded Haymon.
                  Did GGG complain? no, in fact, they want the purse bid, which means they know they can lose it.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
                    Did GGG complain? no, in fact, they want the purse bid, which means they know they can lose it.
                    Yeah I don't get the blame part. That poster is always whining

Comment

Working...
                    X