Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Stevenson ever fight Ward or Kovalev?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I doubt.. At 39 he is past his prime and isn't fighting the best domestic challenger in Pascal forget Kovalev or Ward who would be favorites to beat him..

Comment

Originally posted by darius45 View Post
      Whoever wins in November, will Stevenson fight the victor? I'm guessing not.
      Stevenson has been ready to fight Kovalev for a while now; Main Events ****ed the business up though. Hopefully, Duva does better.

After the Kovalev fight, Andre Ward is under no further obligation to HBO, Stevenson-Ward is the biggest fight to make at 175 (bigger than a Kovalev rematch imo), and GYM and Roc Nation should be able to comfortably sit down together, maximize the revenues (venue that brings the most money, international TV rights to the highest bidder, event sponsors, PPV, etc), and split the take equitably (Stevenson/GYM keep the Canadian PPV money, Ward/RNS keep the US PPV money up to a match, with everything else being split near 50/50).

April 2017 seems like a good time to stage the PPV to me.

Comment

I hope so but I won't hold my breath.

I think both of them would beat him.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
          Why though? His Hbo ratings were far better, much better attendance and way more respect in boxing.
          HBO refused to commit the money, and continues to refuse to commit the money (the only reason why folks are even openly talking up HBO making Golovkin-Jacobs is because Alvarez's bum thumb freed up the money to make the fight possible).

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
            HBO refused to commit the money, and continues to refuse to commit the money (the only reason why folks are even openly talking up HBO making Golovkin-Jacobs is because Alvarez's bum thumb freed up the money to make the fight possible).
            It's not like these other networks are paying him a bunch for these mismatches with terrible ratings. He gets extra Canadian money but could be so much more there if he was a credible champ with credible comp

Comment

Same **** posters telling fighters to dare to be great now has so many excuses why this former pimp is doing the right thing for not fighting the best in his own division.

Comment

I think Stevenson said he wants too fight the winner..

Comment

Stevenson didn't even bother fighting Pascal, surely would have been a huge domestic draw before kov beat him, nor Hopkins, or kov, yet they all fought each other while he demolished a Tommy karpency... an exciting explosive fighter that wants to keep his lineal title while not allowing any lineage to continue till his pisses off and retires. an extremely annoying character to me, but hey, I doubt he give a damn, and doubt he finally starts talking risks now

Comment

This guy is about as relevant as Chavez Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                      Why bother, he'll make the same money fighting a drunk Canadian hockey fan or a dildo salesman from Minneapolis.

Comment

Working...
                      X