Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Adonis Stevenson fight the winner of ward/kov to settle undisputed 175 champ

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

would think the answer was pretty obvious, no, stevenson will not fight the winner.

Comment

Originally posted by Fangedgrowl View Post
      He is not the damn Lineal champ. Fight someone with a pulse before calling himself that. He won't fight Hopkins, Ward, Kovalev, Beterbiev need i say more. This guy needs to step up and fight.

Like it or not, he is the Lineal as per Boxing rules... Nothing much you can do about it. Now, and for the 100th time, The reasons why he didn't fight Hopkins or Ward or Kovalev are beyond the boxer himself. The reasons lay upstairs in the head offices. One can always argue that Hopkins, Ward and Kovalev all had opportunities to make it happen too... Politics... Oh well...

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
        stevenson is slept on but he is the best one shot artist in the game today IMO

we have great offensive fighters, guys with very good technque and timing(kov, chocolatito, GGG) but as far as raw power and snap Adonis and maybe wilder are the top dawgs

Stevenson doesnt get much love but Ward or Kov cant call themselves the light heavyweight champion of the world without the scalp of the lineal/wbc champion

killa K on stevenson

Not sure how the fight would play out against Ward/Kovalev but I know Stevenson would make it exciting.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
          Chad Dawson had two losses and was the 175 champion when he beat him , Tony Bellew went on to become a champion, was the first to stop former titlist Clous, Fonfara has been a perennial contenders for sometime. Dude isnt fight all scrubs

He beat the man who beat the man and has held the wbc title since 2013. Defended 7 times

IMO if they dont fight him, their claim to the title is weak. Stevenson is just as dangerous as Kov with a totally different skill set and talents
          Cloud was coming off a loss to 48 year old Hopkins, Bellew moved up to Cruiserweight after that fight (so by NSB standards he was severely drained), and Fonfara's best win was Glen Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            beterbeiv is a huge man and hits harder than both. he's green and crude compared to two guys who have been fighting the best for years now, but the kid is superhuman strong at LHW, and will finish his career at 200 LBS.
            I need to watch more of him. I haven't checked him out since flooring Cloud and that was years ago.

Comment

Definitely should be there ringside to atleast call one of them out. If ward can beat kovalev then superman doesnt have a shot as he is just an inferior fighter compared to kov

Comment

Although its the logical next fight, no.

If Ward wins I don't think so. I don't know if Roc and Haymon can do business together. If Kov wins, I doubt HBO will let KOv take the fight.

Comment

Working...
                X