Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guillermo Rigondeaux vs Prince Naseem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People are forgetting how hard Naseem could crack. I would put my money on the superior boxer in Rigondeaux, but his defence isn't impervious and his chin isn't made of granite.

Comment

It's a dead end discussion asking anyone on this board to compare and contrast Prince Naz. People ride his jock too hard.

Most overrated fighter of his generation. A staggering disappointment. But, newbies and European fight fans think he can walk on water on not get wet

Comment

That'd be a fanatsic fight, Rigo is very sound technicaly but he gets intoxicated with his own defense and gets caught by big punches and he doesn't have the size or the chin.

Naz wasn't as technically sound but had a very unorthodox style, tremendous power at FW and he's bigger than Rigo, but the prince got dropped a lot too and his defense wasn't all that since he only relied on reflexes.

Both very talented yet beatable with a lot of heart, which is a recipe for a great fight.

Comment

Rigo outboxes him but will get caught and stopped

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
            This *****.....

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
              I agree. I think the Prince is better offensively than Donaire, plus at least just as fast and punches significantly harder. Rigo is easily a better boxer, but I doubt he could avoid Nas for a full 12.

Comment

What impresses me most about Naz was that at 5'4'' or probably 5'3'', he was small even for FW and should really have boxed at super fly/bantam or maybe superbantam at the most.

Many of the opponents he faced and beat were 2, 3 or 4 inches taller than him, had loner reaches and bigger physiques. Yet he dropped them like bad habits. That's serious power.

Comment

80% Rigo in a 12-0 decision
                  20% Naz by knockout

Odds are Naz puts no serious leather on Rigo at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Verga View Post
                    At 122

Who would win?
                    If a great counter puncher like Barrera made the prince look like a peon, Rigo would have made The prince look even more idiotic than Barrera did!

Barrera embarrassed him, Rigo would have humiliated him! The humiliation factor alone would have caused the prince to blow himself up, instead of just retiring!

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                      If a great counter puncher like Barrera made the prince look like a peon, Rigo would have made The prince look even more idiotic than Barrera did!

Barrera embarrassed him, Rigo would have humiliated him! The humiliation factor alone would have caused the prince to blow himself up, instead of just retiring!

triangle theories eh...cool story bro

Comment

Working...
                      X