Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Khmelnytsky View Post
    - There is no 18 year old Russian World Amateur Champion

- There was no Russian World Junior Champion from 2011

- There is no Russian National Champion at HW or SHW from 2011 or 2012.

Perhaps the kid won his regional championship (like a state golden gloves) as a junior or something but he's not a Russian National Champion at senior level, forget about a World Champion.
    They're listed here as world champs, junior though. No names.

http://www.iaba.ie/ireland-v-russia-in-dungarvan/
    This is the final week of the training camp in Dungarvan for the Russian and Ireland National boxing teams. On Thursday night there will be a test match in the Sports Centre in Dungarvan, Waterford.

Thursday’s match is open to the public. Boxing starts at 7.30 and admission is just €5.

The Russian team includes three World Champions and the I.A.B.A. are bringing in some of Ireland’s top senior boxers to compete against them.

Last Thursday night proved to be a great success. but the World Champions were a bit too strong for Ireland’s Junior side. On the whole, the Irish boys held their own with this very strong Russian side, especially at the lower weights.

Both teams are enjoying their time in Dungarvan and are full of praise for the hospitality shown to them by the Town Council, the Sports Centre Staff and the management and staff of Lawlors Hotel. Also, the assistance of Willie Bumster Coach Hire for facilitating the Russian Team.

There will be a farewell DISCO in DAVITTS on Friday night 8pm till 11pm. This is a junior Disco with no alcohol and will be strictly supervised.All are welcome.

Both teams are departing on Saturday and hopefully we will see them again in Dungarvan. If not, I have no doubt we will see some of them in the RIO OLYMPICS this is the calibre of boxers we have in Dungarvan on both teams, so don’t miss your last chance to see them in action on Thursday night.

Comment

There we go. World Youth Championships 2012 Andrey Stotsky won Gold at 201lbs, must be him.

Comment

Not sure what's up with these Cubans...

Comment

Originally posted by Khmelnytsky View Post
          There we go. World Youth Championships 2012 Andrey Stotsky won Gold at 201lbs, must be him.
          I looked him up on Youtube and I don't think that's him. Are there any Russian junior champs in the 180-200lbs range?

Comment

Working...
          X