No announcement yet.

Why dioesn't Clinton Woods get hate?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why dioesn't Clinton Woods get hate?

From browsing on here, I sense a level of affection and respect for my hometown fighter Clinton.

Curious as to why a lot of you Yanks hold respect for him...

Enlighten me por favor.

Originally posted by Naps View Post
    From browsing on here, I sense a level of affection and respect for my hometown fighter Clinton.

Curious as to why a lot of you Yanks hold respect for him...

Enlighten me por favor.
    Because Clinton is humble, respectful, and has a record of fighting the best, even though he hasn't won them all.

He's blue collar all the way, I like that about him.

Comment

he does what he does in the ring... i'm not a big fan of his style personally, but outside of the ring he's a likable guy

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
        Because Clinton is humble, respectful, and has a record of fighting the best, even though he hasn't won them all.

He's blue collar all the way, I like that about him.
        He fought Johnson, Tarver and Jones in some cases years before Calzaghe had slapped Lacy.

Comment

Good answers. I expected these to be the reason.

Thing is though, one could argue the same about HAtton, but he never gets this kind of love from the Americans.

Is it because Clinton isn't a genuine threat to the elite American fighters? Or is there something unpalatable to you all about Hatton et al.

Comment

Thinkg is though, one could argue the same about HAtton, but he never gets thhis kind of love from the Americans.

Is it because Clinton isn't a genuuine threat to the elite American fighters? Or is there something unpalletable to you all about Hatton et al.
            Hatton is far more contrived plus he's really shoved down our throats

i'm not American though

Comment

Thinkg is though, one could argue the same about HAtton, but he never gets thhis kind of love from the Americans.

Is it because Clinton isn't a genuuine threat to the elite American fighters? Or is there something unpalletable to you all about Hatton et al.
              Hatton's style is not really that good to watch and he keeps going on about P4P if he beats Money and Pac....which is just annoying as if he beat Pac he would probably be around top 5 P4P. Certainly not 1.
              Last edited by Emanuel Steward; 02-14-2009, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Thing is though, one could argue the same about HAtton, but he never gets this kind of love from the Americans.

Is it because Clinton isn't a genuine threat to the elite American fighters? Or is there something unpalatable to you all about Hatton et al.
                Hatton's style is absolutely dreadful for me to watch. He bores me to tears in nearly every fight I see him in, aside from the Mayweather and Collazo fights. And as S.G. pointed out, he's shoved down our throats quite a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                  Hatton's style is absolutely dreadful for me to watch. He bores me to tears in nearly every fight I see him in, aside from the Mayweather and Collazo fights. And as S.G. pointed out, he's shoved down our throats quite a bit.
                  Fair enough, but if Clinton was as successful as Ricky, then he would be shoved down your throat also.

Would that lose him popularity over there?

Comment

There are more than a few Brit posters here who find something unpalatable about Hatton.

The better question would be, "How come us Brits don't hug Clinton Woods' nutsack like that of David Haye?"

Comment

Working...
                    X