No announcement yet.

Nigel Benn on Naseem Hamed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nigel Benn on Naseem Hamed

"He came into my gym once in Tenerife, strutting around like he owned the place, and I had to tell him, 'Out, mate! Get out of my gym.' He was giving it large, and I just thought, 'Nah, mate, don't come in here, giving it all large. Show me some proper respect.' He might have all those Mickey Mouse guys around him, licking his ass - 'Oh Nazeem, Nazeem!' - but he's not going to get that treatment from me. What a bunch of pricks! He came back for seconds the following year, he said 'Come on Nige, let's put the gloves on and do some ring work Nige', I get my gloves sorted and step into the ring and just casually lean back into the ropes, Hamed comes at me with a big grin on his face throwing some punches but he couldn't lay a glove on me because I was casually twisting and ducking along the ropes. He backs off and says 'Come on Nige, let's have it!', he's serving his chin out on a platter for me with his arms behind his back and that goofy face of his. He's poking his face towards me, taunting me. I simply walk up to him and I slowly wave my left glove in front of his face, then quickly give him a stiff jab right on the gut that winded the little f***er."

"I've fought everybody, but Hamed hasn't had nearly the same calibre of opponents. In the boxing fraternity, we all know that he's fighting nobodies. Everyone knows that there are fighters out there who will annihilate him, and he's just avoiding them. He's just fought a couple of guys called Wayne McCullough and Paul Ingle and they are supposed to be two of the best opponents he's had. Those guys are not in the same class as the likes of Nicky Piper and Henry Wharton, and the likes of Piper and Wharton are nowhere near my best opponents. I beat up Rod Douglas at the ABA's. I beat up Roberto Duran in the gym. I beat up Iran Barkley in America. I knocked out Robbie Sims for the first time in his career. I battered Michael Watson and Chris Eubank from pillar to post. I busted up Doug DeWitt and Mauro Galvano for world titles in their own backyards. I beat unbeaten world champions Chris Eubank and Gerald McClellan at super-middleweight. My overhand right smash took former WBC middleweight champions Iran Barkley and Gerald McClellan to their knees. I did the lot, and Nazeem isn't fighting anybody who can punch him back."

haha, Benn lays down the law.

Comment

benn paints a really good image with his words when he says that naz was tauting him with that goofy stupid face - if it were me i dont think id have been able to help myself id have clocked him with the overhand right there and then!!
      ________
      Brewster & co.
      Last edited by hookoutofhell; 03-14-2011, 01:56 PM.

Comment

When Benn quit in his last fight against Collins Naseem said that he would never quit if he was losing in a fight.

Yet Hamed dissapeared after losing to Barrera and showed everyone that he didnt have any of the disipline, determination and courage that Benn displayed throughout his career.
        Benn was more than just entertaining. He was inspiring

Comment

I agree with all these comments about Benn, but if that is a quote from him, lets be honest, it was Michael Watson who knocked him from pillar to post and Benn did not beat Eubank as he says, he lost the first fight by a ninth round TKO and drew the second fight.

Comment

Sounds exactly how most world class boxers remembered Naseem when he strutted into their view.

What an embarrassing little prick he was.

Comment

Good post if true, have to dissagree with Nigel that he battered Duran in sparring, this was an ageing Duran (1989/90 i believe) who had just got back in the gym and was as fat as **** and to be fair Nigel never hurt him once

Comment

Working...
              X