Collapse
No announcement yet.

Give verdejo a break...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's his career and his choices. I have nothing against him. But I don't see any reason to get all excited about him either. He has so far only fought mediocre opposition and has hasn't looked very impressive beating them. I don't think he has ever fought anybody boxrec ranks above 25th in the world. When and if he beats a guy ranked in the top 15 I will pay more attention to him.

Comment

I think the disappointment and criticism stems from the fact that his opponents are selected to make him look good but he still struggles against them. He's not fighting contenders, he's fighting journeymen and guys who are supposed to have no real chance of winning. He's still young but the truth is if he's ever going to be good/great then he should be showing signs of it now.

Comment

Originally posted by !WAR MIKEY! View Post
        hes a bum, scared to step up. Was prospect of the year 2014 lmfao a nukka still a prospect.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
          hes a young kid still though, the talent is there, no doubt about it. People shouldnt give up on him
          We'll see. The talent maybe there, but his recent performances have shown that he may have seen his ceiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Lords View Post
            He was 3-0 with 2 UD wins and a Ko, dafuq are you talking about? Does he need to Knock everyone out?
            Simply go back and watch the fights.

He doesn't need to KO everyone, but the special talents perform in a certain manner as the move up the levels of competition. The class shows through, and keeps showing through until he reaches a level where his talent just about pars out, and the performances aren't as impressive.

Maybe Verdejo has reached his level

Comment

hes a bum, scared to step up. Was prospect of the year 2014 lmfao a nukka still a prospect.
              Every year Rafael puts him on the prospect list

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                23 year olds are rarely ready for legit world titles...unless you are Vargas, Mayweather, and a few others....the kid as nothing but time to develop.
                At 23, I believe Felix TRINIDAD was facing 56-0 with 48 KOs Yuri Boy Campas, lol. We're definitely living in a different time.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
                  Damn you guys love to go in on a fighter dont you. Hes come back from a motorcycle accident, he won the fight clearly and your still ****ting on him. You would have thought he'd been ko'd judging by reaction on here. Kids 23 years old and im seeing people saying 'he was never much good' etc. Hes still not even going to be at his peak at his age. Why are people building these fighters up to then knock them down?
                  Lets see how he does against one of the top dogs before we all throw him on the trash heap, ive got a feeling hes gonna do a lot better than you all expect....
                  Shut your PR ass up! The dude is a phuckin bum like all your fighters (cept Collazo.) He intentionally got in an accident so he wouldn't have to face Oscar Valdez.

Can't wait til Valdez puts his ass in a coffin.

Comment

i gotta go with this.. hes supposed ot be the next best thing years ago and still prospect level?

Gervonta davis, gassiev and valdez came out of no where and already surpassed him
                    Originally posted by Mr. 97K PPVs View Post
                    Shut your PR ass up! The dude is a phuckin bum like all your fighters (cept Collazo.) He intentionally got in an accident so he wouldn't have to face Oscar Valdez.

Can't wait til Valdez puts his ass in a coffin.
                    lol hes from england

Comment

Originally posted by Lords View Post
                      He was 3-0 with 2 UD wins and a Ko, dafuq are you talking about? Does he need to Knock everyone out?
                      Ummm he's fighting bums. He's supposed to KO them but even before the KO comes, he looks average af.

Comment

Working...
                      X