Clear All

• Originally posted by Kigali View Post
    World Title at 22 > Gold medal at 22

Just for you to know.
    Loma won the gold medal at age 20.

Val Barker trophy at 20 > paper title at 22

Comment

• Originally posted by KillaCamNZ View Post
      Eh, while I don't see the benefit is matching Davis against Loma right now..Floyd alludes to his way of navigating a career..and that way will kill the sport.

Dodging fights is the new norm - we live in a day and age where fighters have no desire to be respected. We've already seen boxing disappear from the mainstream, losing all momentum created in the 90's. The casuals are gone, and soon, the hardcores will drift away from the sport too. It's too disengaging, headlines are more about fights that don't happen than ones that do, and we're all being bled for every last cent but getting crap in return.

it would be pointless

you said it yourself..... "I don't see the benefit is matching Davis against Loma right now"

he is not much more than a prospect

the following is a good post.....

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
      What is the rush? I don't foresee Lomachenko losing anytime soon and Davis if he is the good will take care of business also. If they don't fight at 130 they can settle it at 135.

If Davis wants to be the man he needs to see Lomachenko at some point, but there are plenty of solid options he can take on the road that fight.

Comment

• Now because Mayweather Jr is no longer in the ring and he is a promoter when he talks he is showing his true colors on the way he guided his own career old,, for all you casual fans this further verifies the fact that he ducked Pacquiao five years until he got old and ko'd,, waiting for the man to decline and told us, all the media, and the world that he wanted the fight to build up further. He obviously was brainwashed by Al Haymon

Comment

• If you look deep into it all PBC Fighters follow the same mayweather jr. Blueprint other than Errol Spence Jr., Make the most money for the least amount of risk that's the new generation. It starts at the top boys

Comment

• Originally posted by KnockoutKings View Post
            lmao "we're not rushing it" then you look at who loma faced so far. but i get it, its all about building fights blah blah blah
            Yeah and how old is Loma he's almost 30

Comment

• Originally posted by Kigali View Post
              When is Felix Verdejo gonna fight a monster??
              Too late for Felix, nobody believes it. I don't see who Felix can beat. Flanagan in the UK might be too much for him.

Comment

• I think it would have been better off if Floyd just outright admit that his fighter needs some time to grow for the Lomachenko fight instead of pulling the "it's all about the money" excuse.

Originally posted by BWC View Post
                Yes and that's why all the potential stars get wrecked before they even have a chance to grow and they have to throw out ancient has-beens and never-weres like BJ Penn, CM Punk or Dan Henderson to carry cards because Sage, PVZ, Ronda, even Conor, etc have already been wrecked before they ever had a chance to grow their careers into stardom. UFC has a terrible way of matchmaking that does far more harm than good..
                What do you mean "before they have a chance to grow?" Conor was already a champion and top contender long before he lost to Nate Diaz and had even beaten the likes of Jose Aldo while being an underdog. Plus, he headlined his next two events after that and today remains one of the sports top stars. Ronda was also a huge star and a world champion who still has the most title defenses in her division.

Only Paige and Sage still need more time to grow but even then, they were still fighting solid opponents in the in the order they should.
                Last edited by Mr. Punch-Out!!; 03-28-2017, 12:36 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by KnockoutKings View Post
                  lmao "we're not rushing it" then you look at who loma faced so far. but i get it, its all about building fights blah blah blah
                  Loma way older and has tons of amateur experience. The devil, as is usually, is in the details.

Comment

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                    That's the Olympics where other grown men meet to fight because they beat teenagers to qualify for the Olympics.
                    Just look how those kids sent your experienced top pros home in tears at the last Olympics. That's the real level of a pro game compared to elite amateurs

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                      Jose was a paper champ and the weak link belt holder. Was a low top 10 ranked fighter at best at that weight. Loma is considered the true champ at his weight. When you say there is no point for both that's pure BS. fight makes sense for Loma who would take the fight in a second and add Davis scalp to his resume. Davis not fighting him now is only in his best interest. I got no problem with him not fighting Loma because I haven't seen anyone who thinking he will win that fight. As long as he fights guys comparable or better then Jose fans will be OK with it. But if he starts protecting that paper belt and fighting bums ducking top contenders and other more relevant title holders it will be a problem. But ducking Loma for a few years and praying for him to move up so he never faces him is a no brainer.
                      If Loma fights him, people won't give him too much credit for beating an opponent who's green and young

If Davis fights Loma, it's almost guaranteed loss in his resume

So that fight won't get their careers nowhere, Loma needs challenges and solid wins, Davis needs some more experience

Comment

Working...
                      X