Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hunter Admits Amir Khan Lacking 'Killer Instinct' in His Arsenal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Basco View Post
    Hunter needs to make up his mind. Do you want Khan to be an offensive guy going for the kill or do you want him to be smarter, more calculated so he doesn't get hit on the "knee shaker"? That is a bad comment to make so close to the fight. Khan might take it the wrong way and might get brave with Canelo. Not that I think it will make any difference,
    Hunter does like his fighter to hold ground and hurt the opponent I think I understand his comment. Khan fought in a point scoring way for a while besides a few a few fights were he lost his cool and went into wild trades

Comment

Has PAC got killer instinct now? Has f!oyd?

Comment

He has killer instinct. Had guys hurt but stayed trading in pocket too long got caught with huge counters and went down. But he has no problem throwing 6 in a row with bad intentions not sure what hunter wants a smart boxer puncher or a guy going for the kill staying to long and getting caught

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
          I'm not sure what Hunter means by killer instinct, i have no clue what he was on about, would need to see the full interview.

It's the killer instinct why Khan ends up going to wars, toe to toe like a mad man

Under Roach all Khan did was try to hurt his opponents.

Someone who lacks the killer instinct is Ortiz, anyone who quits in the ring lacks the instinct

As long as you are trying to fight for your life and survive you have that killer instinct i.e "its you or me"

Yea ?

Not sure exactly what Hunter means there.

Not a huge Khan fan, but that dude is a warrior, no question.

There is a difference between trying to dominate, and killer instinct, maybe whats what he meant.

Comment

Originally posted by FLYBOY View Post
            Virgil Hunter saying Khan is absolutely FEARLESS:

https://youtu.be/ab5qSYrqAmY?t=4m38s

Yea, that comment must have been taken out of context somehow.

Thanks for the link.

Khan is almost stupidly fearless at times.

Comment

classic undersell, everyone knows khan is a devastating puncher and will get canelo out of there

Comment

i just watched the interview on boxingego,

he was talking about one punch power, not actual killer instinct

he also says Khans left hook to the liver is his most powerful shot

Comment

Having killer instinct is not the same as being fearless or being a warrior. The key word here being instinct, which could be closer to Khan really trying to hurt his opponents and his ability to finish someone off.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post

Thanks for the link.

I wish more were like him - especially the upper echelon fighters at the heavier weights.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post

Thanks for the link.

Agreed. I think what Hunter meant leans more towards Khan being unable to finish his opponents, as opposed to actually wanting to. He's almost always in a firefight for no reason. He has a killer instinct, but no power and chin to match it.

Comment

Working...
                      X