Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The AlexKid 'questions about punchers, chins, hiprotation etc.' superduper thread.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
    So guys who are small that could take out men much bigger than their natural size.

For example Tyson is one, he didnt climb the divisions but he could have easily started at cruiserweight and he KOed guys with huge weight and size advantages

Another example would be hearns his power carried up the divisions pretty well consiering he went from welterweight? to bloody cruiser weight.
    Tyson has been 200+ since he was 13. Trying to squeeze him into a cruiserweight would have been idiotic.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
      Tyson has been 200+ since he was 13. Trying to squeeze him into a cruiserweight would have been idiotic.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
        only because cus fed him so much he easily could have been a cruiserweight, perhaps he was better suited to it, think what he would have done to it, tillhe met holyfield

you know the big kids at school etc the medium one the small, well its not just genetics sometime the only reson a kid is beefy is because his parents feed him too much

My mate was huge, bigger than the teachers at 14, I went round his house and all his pets are abnormally large chunkey and beefy, its because his mother over fed them all because she liked making sure everyone and everything is totally full up
        Last edited by AlexKid; 03-07-2016, 11:19 PM.

Comment

only because cus fed him so much he easily could have been a cruiserweight, perhaps he was better suited to it, think what he would have done to it, tillhe met holyfield

you know the big kids at school etc the medium one the small, well its not just genetics sometime the only reson a kid is beefy is because his parents feed him too much

My mate was huge, bigger than the teachers at 14, I went round his house and all his pets are abnormally large chunkey and beefy, its because his mother over fed them all because she liked making sure everyone and everything is totally full up
          Tyson was simply too big to be a cruiserweight. You have no evidence to claim his trainer was fattening him up.

And even if he could, nobody goes from heavy to cruiser unless they can't win there. Where do you think the money is?

Comment

In my opinion, there is no better example than Sam Langford.

Comment

So guys who are small that could take out men much bigger than their natural size.

For example Tyson is one, he didnt climb the divisions but he could have easily started at cruiserweight and he KOed guys with huge weight and size advantages

Another example would be hearns his power carried up the divisions pretty well consiering he went from welterweight? to bloody cruiser weight.
              tyson was above 210 all of his pro career at 15 or 16 he was 192 with little body fat and in the junior division because of his age he never was a pro cruiser weight

duran had the talent and fought a world rated feather.If matched with better stradgey he may have won a title at that weight. His punching power was based on his conditioning as he moved up he hurt leonard more than hearns in the first fight did and had barkly stunned many times as well as flooring him. Alot of people do not realize he fought hagler with a broken right from the fifth round on.

Comment

Originally posted by rightsideup View Post
                tyson was above 210 all of his pro career at 15 or 16 he was 192 with little body fat and in the junior division because of his age he never was a pro cruiser weight

duran had the talent and fought a world rated feather.If matched with better stradgey he may have won a title at that weight. His punching power was based on his conditioning as he moved up he hurt leonard more than hearns in the first fight did and had barkly stunned many times as well as flooring him. Alot of people do not realize he fought hagler with a broken right from the fifth round on.
                what ppl dont seem to realize is that your weight is largely dependent on how many calories you eat everyday

the difference between a cruiser-weight and a heavyweight is the difference between consuming 4000 or 5000 calories per day

how many calories you eat is usually a habit passed down to you by who ever fed you
                Last edited by AlexKid; 03-08-2016, 04:56 AM.

Comment

what ppl dont seem to realize is that your weight is largely dependent on how many calories you eat everyday

the difference between a cruiser-weight and a heavyweight is the difference between consuming 4000 or 5000 calories per day

how many calories you eat is usually a habit passed down to you by who ever fed you
                  I'm curious as to what this has to do with your original question? To maintain size you have to eat, that's a given. But people fill out naturally as they get older as well. Case and point would be Langford as I've already pointed out. Another would be Pacquiao. Regardless of how they get there you have already gone off topic in your own thread.

Comment

I have to say it's Marciano if he fits your version of a cruiserweight, as he was under 200lbs he should be and I cant think of anyone who hit harder, he was certainly harder hitter than Dempsey or Louis or Holyfield or Danny Green or Corbett... maybe Langford hit harder but I dont think so.. he like Louis was more accurate but when Rocky got it right it's lights out, he hit hard enough to stop a Klitschko so it has to be the ROCK.

Comment

1 Marciano
                      2 Dempsey
                      3 Walcott
                      4 Louis
                      5 Holyfield
                      6 Patterson

Putting in Shavers is ridiculous. Where are the pounds he would lose in order to rehydrate. The man would be in a hospital bed if he got down to 200 lbs. Hays is just a scrub I would not have on a list. He is such a scrub I refuse to spell his name correctly. He had one chance and he showed what a scrub he was. He will never get another chance from me.

Comment

Working...
                      X