No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao in a historical perspective

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hype job View Post
    Schooled! What an absolute load of rubbish!

Utterly embarrassing that you deem this a schooling!

Utterly embarrassing!
    Oh Lord now this idiot has found the History Section.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      Lol.... Why are we even discussing this fight anymore...

I was rooting for manny and picked him to outpoint floyd based on workrate...

Maidana had success in the first fight because he let his hands go, just like castillo, Oscar, Judah, Hatton... Manny is better than those guys, so I thought he would be able to go all 12 rds throwing 75 plus punches a round...

But floyd clearly shut manny down... Sad thing is, that manny had great success in rds 4,6,9,10 when he let his hands go.... Floyd just dominated when he didn't

Manny from marquez 3 showed up.... We needed manny from marquez 1,2,4 to show up...

Floyd clearly won,,,, all the credit to him...

Comment

i saw the fight as way closer than most. I honestly felt like the way Mayweather fought was so negative and not befitting a title fight, he almost didn't deserve the decision even though he landed more shots.

Comment

that said the lack of work rate from Manny was not befitting the occasion either, or indicative of a man willing to win. All in all it was a decent tactical bout but as an event it was a disgrace and for a fight of such magnitude it was a sham and those two basically robbed 4 million people of $100

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
              My idea of a fact is that Mayweather clearly outboxed Pacquiao for the majority of rounds. And what damage did Pacquiao's punches supposedly do?
              So missing badly and landing the less impressive thudding blows is "outboxing" Manny had Floyd wobbled on many occasions during the fight.

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
              Lol.... Why are we even discussing this fight anymore...

I was rooting for manny and picked him to outpoint floyd based on workrate...

Maidana had success in the first fight because he let his hands go, just like castillo, Oscar, Judah, Hatton... Manny is better than those guys, so I thought he would be able to go all 12 rds throwing 75 plus punches a round...

But floyd clearly shut manny down... Sad thing is, that manny had great success in rds 4,6,9,10 when he let his hands go.... Floyd just dominated when he didn't

Manny from marquez 3 showed up.... We needed manny from marquez 1,2,4 to show up...

Floyd clearly won,,,, all the credit to him...
              See that's part of the problem. You watched the fight with the preconceived notion that Manny had to have a high workrate and throw over 800 punches to have a chance, because it's the only way to beat Floyd and if he didn't it was because Floyd is "shutting him down". So when Manny fights a different way than you expected you interpreted it as Floyd making him fight that way. For what it's worth Manny did a good job making Floyd miss and showcasing his very impressive defence, nullifying his right hand for the whole fight whilst countering and landing the more impressive punches.

If that fight was between any two bog standard B level fighters of equal popularity not named Mayweather or Pacquiao you and the rest of the viewers would have seen a much closer fight.

Comment

History. This fight will be remembered as the biggest let down in the history of Boxing. The lamest super fight i have ever seen! Will ever see, again. The fans were robbed. As for how close it was or who won or who should have won. Who cares!!! They both threw and landed a career low. Running and clinching fight scared and not throwing punches made it an historical let down! This fight will be forgotten and will never be compared to the best fights in the history of the sport!

Lets move on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hype job View Post
                  So missing badly and landing the less impressive thudding blows is "outboxing" Manny had Floyd wobbled on many occasions during the fight.
                  If that's what you think happened in this fight then we have nothing to talk about. I was rooting for Pacquiao, 100%. The fight stunk. Mayweather was a clear winner to those with experienced eyes and any shred of objectivity.

Comment

Working...
                  X