No announcement yet.

China Swimming Ye Shiwen Dopes! Its humanly impossible to beat a men's record

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rapid Counter View Post
    Apparently there are around 800 athletes at this Olympics that have tested positive for banned substances at one time or another and they're just the ones who got caught. Its hard to believe anything you see now.

WADA believes that as many as 1 in 10 athletes could be doping.
    Aye.

"If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying."

Which is a piss poor way of looking at things, but I'm not surprised. Just the way of upper high end athletics these days.

By ALL nations.

Comment

Ye Shewen was destined to win. Yes She Win!!!

Comment

I wonder if that American coach will be accusing Katie Ledecky of doping after she has knocked 20 seconds of her PB in the last year?

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
          I wonder if that American coach will be accusing Katie Ledecky of doping after she has knocked 20 seconds of her PB in the last year?
          I saw that too. Thorpe 5 time olympic champion said ye improved by 5-6 seconds over 400m and katie improved by 20 seconds over 800m so that's the equivalent of a 10s improvement in the 400m which means that she improved by nearly twice as much as ye has.

I hope the american coach is going to come out and say something.

But seriously, i won't hold my breath

Comment

Here is a link to comments from swimmers saying teenagers doing amazing times in swimming isn't all that uncommon.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19062851

Some choice comments

"When you have 15, 16 and 17-year-old youngsters, they can make huge improvements. American 15-year-old Katie Ledecky knocked five seconds off her best time at the US trials to qualify for the 800m.

"Missy Franklin is a phenomenon at 17. On Monday, she got out of the water following a race and 10 minutes later went back in and won the 100m backstroke. These things do happen.

"The big question is over the way Ye swam in the last 50m. That's what we're all finding a little bit difficult to take in. But Becky Adlington's last 50m of the 800m was also quicker than Lochte's, so we have to be careful that we don't jump to ridiculous conclusions.

"If you work it out in percentage terms, Meilutyte actually made a bigger percentage improvement over the 100m than Ye has in the 400m."

"First of all, Ye Shiwen is no overnight sensation as she won gold at the World Championships last year. I think it is sour grapes and insulting.
            "Meilutyte has won a gold medal in the breaststroke and we're all captivated by that because she trains here in Britain, but nobody is questioning her.

"There are a lot of people in China and the base of their pyramid is so wide that if they train thousands and thousands of kids, they might just find their 'Michael Phelps'.

"At 17, I took four seconds off my best time in the 200m breaststroke and won a European bronze medal. At that age, you can make big leaps."

Comment

I'm more concerned that Ye Shiwen is actually a man at this point...talk about an androgynous dog...gross...

Comment

Originally posted by Xercen View Post
                I saw that too. Thorpe 5 time olympic champion said ye improved by 5-6 seconds over 400m and katie improved by 20 seconds over 800m so that's the equivalent of a 10s improvement in the 400m which means that she improved by nearly twice as much as ye has.

I hope the american coach is going to come out and say something.

But seriously, i won't hold my breath

Of course he won't, it is one of his own, no sour grapes here.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                  I'm more concerned that Ye Shiwen is actually a man at this point...talk about an androgynous dog...gross...
                  I forget, you're only a Mayweather fan because of his looks.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
                    Yeah I look forward to hear that too. And this was at the longest distance for the women. That performance was out of this World.

Comment

• Americans are sore losers. There is not way in hell someone can possibly be better at something than they are unless they are cheating. When everyone knows that the US has plenty of athletes using gear and they've engaged in cover-ups for positive tests in past for athletes.

China takes children when they are very young and they put them through training to be the best athletes in the world. So it's not surprising when they are topping everyone in Gold and overall medal counts

Comment

Working...
                      X