Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do Canelo fans defend canelo weight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by From Russia View Post
    Oscar, Floyd and Manny forced catch weights here and there, while Alvarez is forcing everybody to fight at 155 since TWO ****ING YEARS.
    They also won many belts over many divisions without CWs. Not so with Canelo, he won another at a CW he didn't even honor.

Those guys never demanded CWs from mando's, never demanded lowest CW possible, and were much smaller than the opponent unlike this scared fraud that outweighs the challenger fight night. No contest, Canelos demand most disgraceful of all time, by a lot

Comment

It's not a question of defending it. It's a matter of understanding why he's doing it. He just wants an edge going into one of the toughest fights of his career.

What am I going to do about it? Boycott Canelo and take $70 out of his pocket?

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
        It's not a question of defending it. It's a matter of understanding why he's doing it. He just wants an edge going into one of the toughest fights of his career.

LOL. As is Canelo's right as a prizefighter, he can certainly bargain for any advantage that's on the negotiation table. for this mandatory fight, the weight isn't on the table if you let Team GGG tell it. Canelo can certainly vacate the WBC belt, let GGG pick it up, then pay for GGG to come in at the canelo-weight.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
          I honestly believe if GGG never existed, Canelo would be fighting at 160 now.
          Ding ding ding we have a winner folks.

Canelo looked like death warmed over making 152 which means we lost upwards of 7% of his body-weight. His natural weight is probably around 163-165.

Comment

Originally posted by R-C View Post
            I don't defend it, but I understand that he earned the right to dictate his fights. He made the necessary sacrifices to be where he is at now.

No different from Oscar, Floyd or Manny.

I also like GGG, but I understand that he won't make the necessary sacrifices to become a superstar. Everything he has (titles) were basically handed to him.
            Wow really? So GGG being the mandatory for both Cotto and Can't-Nelo and both avoiding him like the plague has nothing to do with earning it?
            GGG earned the mandatory spot by sparking everyone in front of him

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post

Lol @ wanting an "edge". Asking for 155 is obviously hoping the fight doesn't happen. If he wanted to fight and just wanted to shrink Golovkin a bit to balance the size "difference" he'd be asking for around 158. 155 is basically saying either you show up weak or no fight. Not "lets even up the size differential a bit because I do want this fight" like Mayweather did with Alvarez, Like Pacquiao did with Cotto. Even Cotto fought Martinez at 159.
              Last edited by SplitSecond; 03-28-2016, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by R-C View Post
                Answer me this, of all the fighter Canelo fought at 155, who was at disadvantage?

To me, it actually help them because they were all BIG JMW.
                But its Canelo who fights at 155. Cotto, Lara, Kirkland could make 154, why Canelo always wants 155? Maybe cuz its too difficult for him to make JMW limit? "I am not a middleweight" LOL, ****ing *****...
                Last edited by From Russia; 03-28-2016, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by From Russia View Post
                  But its Canelo who fights at 155. Cotto, Lara, Kirkland could make 154, why Canelo always wants 155? Maybe cuz its too difficult for him to make JMW limit? "I am not a middleweight" LOL, ****ing *****...
                  Alvarez was also demanding a 156 lb catchweight of Cotto. Cotto forced it at 155.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
                    Alvarez was also demanding a 156 lb catchweight of Cotto. Cotto forced it at 155.
                    Really? LOL, you just cant defend this ****. Some people say "its just 1 lbs", but in Canelo's case, every ****ing ounce counts...

I know what he fears, at mw his power will be non-existent and he will have to throw more punches to hurt his opponents, which is very difficult task for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
                      Wow really? So GGG being the mandatory for both Cotto and Can't-Nelo and both avoiding him like the plague has nothing to do with earning it?
                      GGG earned the mandatory spot by sparking everyone in front of him
                      What proof do you have that Canelo is avoiding him? if I recall correctly, Canelo said he the fight will happen.

Canelo hasn't said or done anything for me or anyone not to believe him.

Comment

Working...
                      X