Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People need to give these up and comers a break (like Broner, Canelo)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sugarsmosley View Post
    Canelo in no way "dominated" trout in that fight. Canelo won a close decision... there was no domination. It made it easier to sell to the public for the floyd fight by just showing the same KD over and over and over again without saying what REALLY happened in that fight. Real fight fans knew Canelo stood no chance to the master.

That being said canelo will continue to improve....with floyd gone I still think he's #1 at 154 lbs.
    It was the Guerrero fight that established that, excuse the opponent in front of him for a second because people are quick to go towards that. You had a lot of people, myself included, that didn't think Floyd could still move like that. Once he displayed that, it was easy to see that Canelo wasn't gonna be able to compete.

Comment

The hate exists because a new era is rising, and we don't know and can't know who the best are till Manny, Floyd, Martinez, and the Klitschkos are gone because they are the top of the top in the current list of active boxers(not P4P wise but because they are the leaving reigning generation)

Most divisions are filled with youth right now, we have to wait until all these young guys duke it out.. I'd give it 5 years.

Comment

Canelo in no way "dominated" trout in that fight. Canelo won a close decision... there was no domination. It made it easier to sell to the public for the floyd fight by just showing the same KD over and over and over again without saying what REALLY happened in that fight. Real fight fans knew Canelo stood no chance to the master.

That being said canelo will continue to improve....with floyd gone I still think he's #1 at 154 lbs.
        go back and read my post & tell me where you saw "canelo dominated trout" you don't have to dominate someone to see that they won a clear decision..........

in this fight people gave trout waaaaaaaaay too much credit for his pitty patter (and shoe shining) & it was mostly taken on canelos gloves. I'll admit that trout had the higher volume but it was mostly pitter patter. canelo landed the more hurtful & meaningful shots all through out the night.

i don't have a problem with anyone having it a close win for canelo but saying that trout beat alverez is crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
          go back and read my post & tell me where you saw "canelo dominated trout" you don't have to dominate someone to see that they won a clear decision..........

in this fight people gave trout waaaaaaaaay too much credit for his pitty patter (and shoe shining) & it was mostly taken on canelos gloves. I'll admit that trout had the higher volume but it was mostly pitter patter. canelo landed the more hurtful & meaningful shots all through out the night.

i don't have a problem with anyone having it a close win for canelo but saying that trout beat alverez is crazy.
          It was a CLOSE, but CLEAR decision for Alvarez. Also the open scoring made the fight less interesting than it could of been.

Trout just fought scared the whole night trying to score points and it didn't serve him well. I think Lara and Angulo would beat Trout.

If Canelo didn't rush for a Mayweather fight after beating crap Trout he would of gotten much better experience and maybe then May would of avoided him.

Comment

Originally posted by pigsfly View Post

Doesn't look that clear cut:

http://fightscorecollector.blogspot....1_archive.html

I had Trout by 1 pt, but I recognize Canelo stepped off the gas when they announced those comical scores at the end of 8, so whatever.

Comment

Canelo eeked it out. I just don't want people who didn't watch the fight to see the scores (119-109) and think it was a blowout.

people that complain trout was "pitty pat" and had no power behind his shots....what do u want us to do? Judge by power and not score punches? Although I do agree trout looked scared in that fight and cautious. Can't fault Canelo for stepping of the gas if you see you won the first 8 rounds on the cards. For sure, they were NOT allowing a canelo-floyd superfight to fall out that night. too much $$$ and real fans know the corruption in boxing politics weren't going to allow trout to win a decision that night

Comment

Broner is a good fighter just hard to back him 100% when he acts like an idiot..

Canelo is a complete hype job that has been gifted everything...

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                  The problem with Ortiz is he just keep losing. He's 1-1-3 vs top ten level comp, with the only win coming at a CW he requested. That's a journeyman type record, yet he keeps getting good opportunities.

Broner's a good talent, yet already had 2 hometown decisions to no hopers. As a Floyd copycat that's pretty jank.

It's not that Canelo got schooled after all the hype, it's how meekly he went out. It's like he didn't try to impose his size fearing he'd get knocked down/out and embarrassed even worse. No heart, iffy chin, low workrate, it's amazing he's Mexico's most popular fighter.
                  Very good post man. Specially about Alvarez.

Comment

this is boxingscene. No fighter gets a break here.

Comment

Canelo eeked it out. I just don't want people who didn't watch the fight to see the scores (119-109) and think it was a blowout.

people that complain trout was "pitty pat" and had no power behind his shots....what do u want us to do? Judge by power and not score punches? Although I do agree trout looked scared in that fight and cautious. Can't fault Canelo for stepping of the gas if you see you won the first 8 rounds on the cards. For sure, they were NOT allowing a canelo-floyd superfight to fall out that night. too much $$$ and real fans know the corruption in boxing politics weren't going to allow trout to win a decision that night
                      score the shots that actually land and not shots that grassed the arm & gloves. it was bad enough that the shots were pitty patter (shoe shining) but at least score the ones that actually get through. at times you had people scoring shoe shining combinations for trout (that was taking on the gloves)

Comment

Working...
                      X