Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Alvarez doesn't want to fight any 154lbs contendors...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Alvarez doesn't want to fight any 154lbs contendors...

I'd like to see him fight the winner of Martinez vs. Chavez. I think he can fight comfortably at middleweight. Furthermore, a bout with either man is lucrative.

haha wth hes fighting guys lower than him. if hes not gna fight someone his weight, theres no way in hell hes gonna fight someone bigger

Comment

Originally posted by FIGHTING_FLIP View Post
      haha wth hes fighting guys lower than him. if hes not gna fight someone his weight, theres no way in hell hes gonna fight someone bigger
      You might be right but money talks.

Comment

if a lara/vanes winner fight isn't on deck, we should all be severely disappointed.

Comment

That would be great. I would also like to see the winner of Martinez-Chavez fight the winner of Ward-Dawson but I know that's an absolute pipe dream.

Although if Chavez won im definitely sure he could fight either Ward or Dawson (and lose). Sergio aint about that super middleweight life though, maybe he would at a 164 lbs catchweight with Andre Ward. I know he definitely wouldnt fight Chad though he's too big for him

Comment

Canelo's hitlist after Lopez :

-Floyd
            -Cotto
            -Martinez

In that order.

I expect Floyd to turn him down so he'll most likely fight Cotto.

Comment

What makes you think he's going to fight 160 pounders when he won't even fight 154 pounders? lol

Comment

Originally posted by AntonTheMedium View Post
                if a lara/vanes winner fight isn't on deck, we should all be severely disappointed.
                Severely disappointed?

We should burn down WBC headquarters.

But that won't happen. And Canelo won't fight the Lara-Vanes winner, he will call out Floyd. He won't call out Martinez after beating the hell out of Chavez Jr, unless Martinez looks old in his win and struggles.

Canelo will only fight the Lara-Vanes winner[which will be Lara] if he is forced to do it by the boxing politics, and you know WBC favors Mexican fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by johncods View Post
                  What makes you think he's going to fight 160 pounders when he won't even fight 154 pounders? lol
                  To be fair, MW is weaker than 154. 154 as a whole actually has better fighters. Mayweather, Cotto, Lara, Canelo. 160 only has one real dangerous fighter which is Martinez. And for a small group, Pirog is also dangerous.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    To be fair, MW is weaker than 154. 154 as a whole actually has better fighters. Mayweather, Cotto, Lara, Canelo. 160 only has one real dangerous fighter which is Martinez. And for a small group, Pirog is also dangerous.
                    160 and 154 are similar: a couple of proven fighters and a lot of solid contenders. However, the size of the guys at MW would give Canelo problems, and his power probably wouldn't translate as well either. He better stay at LMW for as long as he can.
                    Last edited by kiaba360; 08-25-2012, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X