No announcement yet.

The Brilliance of Floyd Mayweather Part 3 - The Sun Tzu 'Art of War' Connection

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MindBat View Post
    Sun Tzu would also tell Manny to take the goddang test already and stop letting his fear of needles control his actions.
    the thing is pac is not a Sun Tzu fan or follower of Sun's military dogma......that includes ducking opponents...

Comment

The words "Art of War" and "Floyd Mayweather" should never be in the same sentence or even same paragraph.

Comment

Sun Tzu would also tell Manny to take the goddang test already and stop letting his fear of needles control his actions.

Comment

I've read the book and the most inspiring part was then Sun Tzu blamed his shoes for his loss on the battle field but luckily he did the right thing and filed a lawsuit ..that's how the enemy was finally beaten.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Sting Ray View Post
            Floyd is a genius at avoiding fights. He fought Baldomir instead of stepping up to Margarito and Cotto. Now, he is fighting Fighter of the Decade's sparring partner.
            Bob Arum has sold you the snakeskin oil and you have bought it. "Stepping up to fight Cotto and Margarito" like those guys are somebody. Those guys are fabrications created by Top Rank. Margarito is a nobody and has been cheating his entire career. Could he beat Floyd? Very doubtful. Would it have been a good fight that people wanted to see? Not me and probably not many others.

Baldomir was the lineal champ. Floyd wanted to fight him but Baldomir bid himself out asking for millions of dollars. Floyd went on to fight Zab Judah. At this time, Cotto and Margarito weren't relevant and NOBODY WANTED TO SEE THAT FIGHT. There was no demand. Floyd caught flack for taking on Zab and not Baldomir (funny though how Arum has stated that Zab is now a potential opponent for Manny now that he is old, washed up, and just came out of retirement, hmmm). Floyd and Baldomir came to terms, and he beat Baldomir's ass with a broken hand.

He was then said to have ducked Ricky Hatton, and that was the new craze. The media was demanding that he fight Ricky Hatton - not Cotto, and sure as **** not Margarito. Ricky Hatton didn't want the fight so it didn't get made and the blame was put on Floyd. When the fight did happen, Floyd beat his ass every round and knocked him out in the 10th round.

When Floyd came back to fight Marquez, he was said to be ducking Mosley. This was in August of 2009 before he fought Marquez. They said he was ducking Mosley and fighting a blown up lightweight (who is the same size as Manny, and beat Manny....hmmm, agenda anyone?). He beats Marquez every round, then fights Shane Mosley 8 months later May of 2010 after he was being accused of ducking and dodging. Just 8 months prior, the world was demanding that Floyd fight Shane Mosley. The fight didn't happen right away, and Floyd was called a coward. Again, at this time Cotto and Margarito were not in the discussion.

He fights Mosley, and again dominates winning nearly every round.

Now you idiot *******s are STILL claiming that he is ducking Margarito and Cotto, despite a huge cheating scandal with Margarito and him taking a pasting to Shane Mosley, and then to Pacquiao. Cotto I'm not even going to get into because never on his best day is he competitive to fight with Floyd, and nether is Margarito.

You guys really do crack me up. I usually stay out of these threads because they're so stupid but I got carried away here - I apologize. But if you do not watch boxing, and you do not follow timelines, and you have only watched the sport since Manny beat Oscar and you know more about Manny's personal life than his boxing career, then why are you posting on a boxing forum?

Seriously - make a Pacquiao fansite, show highlights, pictures, bio's, and some creative custom material, and just devote it to him. You don't know anything about boxing, you don't know who ducks who, you don't understand the politics, you don't see that it is Pacquiao who is to blame for a fight with Floyd not happening, and you don't know that Cotto and Margarito would have no chance against Floyd. Floyd always took a better route. It made sense at the time, and in hindsight, every move he made was legit. How can you not realize this? Because you're not a boxing fan and you don't know anything about boxing.

Now you are claiming that he is afraid to fight Manny which tells me you don't know anything about the negotiations aside from what Bob Arum and Freddie Roach have said, which has been debunked and proven to be lies over and over.

Get your facts straight man, you sound dumb.

Comment

Comment

Why does manny have to take olympic style testing if he doesn't fight in the olympics? GTFOH and go suck mayweathers flaccid ***.

Comment

Originally posted by spyvsspy View Post
                  Why does manny have to take olympic style testing if he doesn't fight in the olympics? GTFOH and go suck mayweathers flaccid ***.
                  For the same reason floyd has to pay $10 mil per pound over 147 when the Nevada commission already has a standard over weight penalty.

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
                    Bob Arum has sold you the snakeskin oil and you have bought it. "Stepping up to fight Cotto and Margarito" like those guys are somebody. Those guys are fabrications created by Top Rank. Margarito is a nobody and has been cheating his entire career. Could he beat Floyd? Very doubtful. Would it have been a good fight that people wanted to see? Not me and probably not many others.

Baldomir was the lineal champ. Floyd wanted to fight him but Baldomir bid himself out asking for millions of dollars. Floyd went on to fight Zab Judah. At this time, Cotto and Margarito weren't relevant and NOBODY WANTED TO SEE THAT FIGHT. There was no demand. Floyd caught flack for taking on Zab and not Baldomir (funny though how Arum has stated that Zab is now a potential opponent for Manny now that he is old, washed up, and just came out of retirement, hmmm). Floyd and Baldomir came to terms, and he beat Baldomir's ass with a broken hand.

He was then said to have ducked Ricky Hatton, and that was the new craze. The media was demanding that he fight Ricky Hatton - not Cotto, and sure as **** not Margarito. Ricky Hatton didn't want the fight so it didn't get made and the blame was put on Floyd. When the fight did happen, Floyd beat his ass every round and knocked him out in the 10th round.

When Floyd came back to fight Marquez, he was said to be ducking Mosley. This was in August of 2009 before he fought Marquez. They said he was ducking Mosley and fighting a blown up lightweight (who is the same size as Manny, and beat Manny....hmmm, agenda anyone?). He beats Marquez every round, then fights Shane Mosley 8 months later May of 2010 after he was being accused of ducking and dodging. Just 8 months prior, the world was demanding that Floyd fight Shane Mosley. The fight didn't happen right away, and Floyd was called a coward. Again, at this time Cotto and Margarito were not in the discussion.

He fights Mosley, and again dominates winning nearly every round.

Now you idiot *******s are STILL claiming that he is ducking Margarito and Cotto, despite a huge cheating scandal with Margarito and him taking a pasting to Shane Mosley, and then to Pacquiao. Cotto I'm not even going to get into because never on his best day is he competitive to fight with Floyd, and nether is Margarito.

You guys really do crack me up. I usually stay out of these threads because they're so stupid but I got carried away here - I apologize. But if you do not watch boxing, and you do not follow timelines, and you have only watched the sport since Manny beat Oscar and you know more about Manny's personal life than his boxing career, then why are you posting on a boxing forum?

Seriously - make a Pacquiao fansite, show highlights, pictures, bio's, and some creative custom material, and just devote it to him. You don't know anything about boxing, you don't know who ducks who, you don't understand the politics, you don't see that it is Pacquiao who is to blame for a fight with Floyd not happening, and you don't know that Cotto and Margarito would have no chance against Floyd. Floyd always took a better route. It made sense at the time, and in hindsight, every move he made was legit. How can you not realize this? Because you're not a boxing fan and you don't know anything about boxing.

Now you are claiming that he is afraid to fight Manny which tells me you don't know anything about the negotiations aside from what Bob Arum and Freddie Roach have said, which has been debunked and proven to be lies over and over.

Get your facts straight man, you sound dumb.
                    Real boxers let their fists do the talking. I'll believe all of floyd's fantasy fight victories when i see it. Get a life.

Comment

Originally posted by spyvsspy View Post
                      Boxing is not like the NFL or MLB. Both of those organizations have strict drug guidelines.

Boxing is not governed the same way. It's kind of a sole proprietorship type thing.

When two fighters meet, it is kind of like a national league vs American league type thing. They are separate leagues and have their own sets of rules. They have agreed on the rules for when they meet.

In the case of Floyd vs Manny, they are two separate organizations - there is not one governing body with 1 set of strict guidelines like Arum would have you believe. That is why when two organizations meet, they can add guidelines to the contract.

Fighting Floyd Mayweather is like Manny taking on a job as a sole proprietor that will yield him his highest career payday. To apply for this job, you must be willing to submit to OSDT. If you do not, you don't get the job, just as was the case to work with Manny Pacquiao you must not come in over 147 or you will face a $10 Million penalty for each pound over. Those are some of the stipulations put into place to fight with Manny.

So that is why he has to take it. If he wants to fight Floyd for a career highest payday and solidify his place as a great, he needs to take the test.

Arum has sold you the idea that boxing has a set of guidelines like every other sport but it's not that cut and dry. Pacquiao has also sold you that he has accomplished so much in boxing that he doesn't need Floyd Mayweather. Neither of which is true.

Comment

Working...
                      X