• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johnny Depp is Pancho Villa

Depp to Play Mexican Bandit
    Star in talks for Pancho Villa flick.
    by Chris Tilly, IGN UK

UK, December 4, 2009 - Johnny Depp is in talks to play anti-hero Pancho Villa in the creatively monikered biopic Seven Friends of Pancho Villa and the Woman With Six Fingers.

According to Variety, the Pirates of the Caribbean star will play the Mexican revolutionary in a Spanish-language flick to be shot in Mexico.

Emir Kusturica (Maradona) will direct from a script that he has written with long-time collaborator Gordan Mihic. Story is based on novel The Friends of Pancho Villa, which revolves around the bandit's fighting, stealing, dancing, partying and making love.

Salma Hayek is also apparently in advanced talks to star, with production set to commence in 2011.

Wtf?? They shoulda hired an actor from the Mexican cinema. Anyway, it would be the second time he's played a Mexican after Don Juan Demarco...

Comment

this reminds me of the bit Paul Mooney did on the Chapelle show about Tom Cruise playing the Last Samurai

Comment

Originally posted by El Cabron View Post
        this reminds me of the bit Paul Mooney did on the Chapelle show about Tom Cruise playing the Last Samurai
        Tom Hanks as the last negro on earth.

Comment

why couldn't they play someone who resembles Pancho Villa?

Comment

im a fan of depp but i dont know yet.....
            ive seen pancho villa movie starring antonio banderas as pancho i thought he did good.

Comment

bandit Pancho villa? that **** is insulting

Comment

That's gangsta, Mr. Villa would be honored to have a dish like Depp play him, not to mention he's a great actor. Depp would make the film more known, than if it was a Mexican, don't you want non-Mexicans to watch it as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Third Degree MM View Post
                  bandit Pancho villa? that **** is insulting
                  I found one where they call him a hero, you happy now?
                  http://popwatch.ew.com/2009/12/04/is...-pancho-villa/

Comment

Depp is part Native-American, so he's European-Native like a lot of Mexicans.

Comment

Working...
                    X