Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just a Q - who do you think punches harder in real terms. Calzaghe or Trinidad?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DC Fight Fan View Post
    There are a lot of bias BS votes in here not to pick Trinidad. Calzaghe was a great fighter no doubt but he was a slapper for the most part.

First of all, it's not "bias", it's BIASED you complete ****ing ******.

Secondly, the fight you've linked to is Tito at TWENTY TWO POUNDS lower than Calzaghe's final weight division.

Comment

I can't believe Calzaghe is winning this poll.

Comment

Calzaghe had decent dig even for a super middleweight before his hands were completely wrecked.

They're not that far apart from each other weight wise (Trinidad being a perfectly capable middleweight at his heaviest and Calzaghe just one division above that for the majority of his career) but I'd still give the edge to Joe.

Comment

Originally posted by RossCA View Post
          I can't believe Calzaghe is winning this poll.
          In REAL TERMS, get it? Not "P4P".

Comment

Originally posted by S a m u r a i View Post

I like the quotes. They're very interesting and quite telling. You understand the difference between powerful shots and the explosiveness of a knockout shot?

The difference between knocking your lights out and breaking you down? Kind of like how Pacquiao has KO power and Cotto's painful shots don't put you to sleep but instead have you bending over in pain.

Tito had the explosiveness, Calzaghe had the slaps.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePunchingBag View Post
              I like the quotes. They're very interesting and quite telling. You understand the difference between powerful shots and the explosiveness of a knockout shot?

The difference between knocking your lights out and breaking you down? Kind of like how Pacquiao has KO power and Cotto's painful shots don't put you to sleep but instead have you bending over in pain.

Tito had the explosiveness, Calzaghe had the slaps.
              But Tito wasn't KOing people for the most part at MW and above.... Tito's "explosiveness" didn't even register on a 175lbs man with suspect punch resistance (Roy).

The men that Calzaghe was "slapping" were 168lbs-175lbs men.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
                First of all, it's not "bias", it's BIASED you complete ****ing ******.

Secondly, the fight you've linked to is Tito at TWENTY TWO POUNDS lower than Calzaghe's final weight division.
                Wow! A complete f'n ****** for spelling a word wrong on an internet forum. You are quite the tough guy.

Secondly, punching power is all relevant to size and p4p Calzaghe did not have near the power of Trinidad. Now if we are going to debate this let's try to be civil.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
                  But Tito wasn't KOing people for the most part at MW and above.... Tito's "explosiveness" didn't even register on a 175lbs man with suspect punch resistance (Roy).

The men that Calzaghe was "slapping" were 168lbs-175lbs men.
                  I know, and it's as we mentioned earlier. Tito has more power at a lower weight class because he has more speed. I'd say Tito punches as hard or harder than Calzaghe at 160, maybe 154. 160+ his punches lose strength because of their decline in speed. Between 147-154 he loses too much mass for his speed to make up for.

You do agree that Calzaghe's slaps are like thudding clubs whereas Tito's right hand was a fcking missile yes?

Comment

Originally posted by Lead Cenobite View Post
                    Floyd hits harder than Tua by a mile.

You'll never see Floyd embarrassed by a loser like Hasim Rahman.
                    floyd couldn't even knock out his ex-girlfriend.

tua beat rahman. twice.

Comment

Trinidad OF COARSE hits harder, what in the world are you talking about...

Comment

Working...
                      X