GGG didnt clearly win anything,

missing punches,
    getting caught flush
    losing the final championship rounds
    not hurting his oppenant
    chasing his opponent around the ring and landing on gloves

Floyd CLEARLY beat Canelo

GGG did not CLEARLY beat Canelo

Just because he has an iron chin doesnt mean he should be given credit...

I had Canelo winning by 2 rounds, but i am happy it was a draw, neither man dominated...GGG did not do enough to win, let alone CLEARLY win
    I agree there was literally not one what I would call clear dominant round in the whole fight, so the reaction here is quite comical.

I had it a draw, and honestly watching the fight back even the supposed dominant middle rounds for GGG were close. It could have been 116-112 either way and everything in between.

The general theme of the fight was Canelo's clean power punches vs GGG's more workman like performance and workrate. Skill-wise GGG is good, but Canelo is on another level, the sections where GGG had the advantage in the fight was where he just kept the pressure on, out-hustled, and outworked Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by Banko Villas View Post
      Golovkin knew how to get close, but he didn't know what to do when he got close. He looked like a scared deer "oh sh1d, I got him on the ropes now, I gotta hit him, but those fast counters! I'll just let him go for now!"

Canelo did much more damage and landed much more punches. You don't win fights by chasing people, you win fights by beating people. Golovkin's head was like a speedbag.

At one point, I even suspected that Golovkin was paid to hold back because he seemed so unusually timid and didn't even appear to try adapting.
      Indeed

I didnt expect GGG to look like that, i thought he would run away with it in the later rounds and stop Canelo.

GGG looked hesitant in there, especially whenever Canelo was on the ropes

Canelo 100% landed the cleaner more damaging punches

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
        Canelo landed clean, with some beautiful shots
        I recall GGG landing his own shots that put a stop to those clean Canelo shots. What could that mean?

and GGG ate them up, so we should just ignore this because GGG didnt get hurt and carried on walking forwards like the terminator?
        Kind of? It's just one factor people could vote on, but I would say backing up excessively is not good for any fighter. Ask ODH about his fight with Trinidad and how that went. Of course ODH didn't have the corrupt scorecards that day, but still.

The problem with GGG is, he wasnt landing clean, he was hitting gloves, being busier doesnt mean you should be scored a round...With him being the bigger guy, that was to be expected
        Looking at the swelling on the right side of Canelo's face/eye and taking that statement of not "landing clean" at face value... Wow, GGG can bruise people up with blocked punches and pity pat jabs, because his jab is actually stronger than Canelo's uppercuts! No wait, maybe GGG was landing cleaner than people give him credit for after all?

It was shoddy work from GGG, he dint look sharp...very untidy. At times he looked confused dazzled by Canelos ability to land on him clean
        Considering he was fighting a guy notorious for his counter punching and was walking into him the whole fight, is it a surprise that Canelo would land one punch in every exchange they had on the ropes where GGG landed more than one punch? Canelo is no "smaller man" either, he walks at a higher weight than GGG. Of course, being "bigger" doesn't matter vs GGG, as Jacobs figured out. I dare say that Canelo was roided up Mosley style and lost Mosley style where his big size does not equate to big devastating punching power.

Comment

I happen to see it same as Lennox Lewis, Errol Spence, Terence Crawford, Badou Jack and many (the most) others - "Clean victory" for Gennady.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
            GGG didnt clearly win anything,

missing punches,
            getting caught flush
            losing the final championship rounds
            not hurting his oppenant
            chasing his opponent around the ring and landing on gloves

Floyd CLEARLY beat Canelo

GGG did not CLEARLY beat Canelo

Just because he has an iron chin doesnt mean he should be given credit...

I had Canelo winning by 2 rounds, but i am happy it was a draw, neither man dominated...GGG did not do enough to win, let alone CLEARLY win
            People thought Pacquiao beat Floyd too

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
              People thought Pacquiao beat Floyd too
              People thought MOSLEY did good vs Mayweather because he had one - and I mean literally one - good round.

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
                I happen to see it same as Lennox Lewis, Errol Spence, Terence Crawford, Badou Jack and many (the most) others - "Clean victory" for Gennady.
                Some of the fighters thought Pacquiao won too vs Floyd soooooooooo

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
                  I think people are overly influenced by the 118-110 card that GGG was robbed. That is why there are 3 judges in the first place so that a wide card cant screw a fighter over. If it was 7-5, 6-6, 5-7, on all scorecards would there be as much outrage that GGG was robbed?
                  Well a wrong decision is a wrong decision.

My issue with the 118-110 is not so much relating to this fight specifically, it's the fact people like Byrd need to be removed from the game. There is really no excuse for putting in a scorecard like that unless you're being biased purposely, or you really don't know how to score a fight and neither of those things are acceptable.

Comment

GGG and Canelo are both winners, they've a fan base that will want to see this again.

For me neither of them were very good, Golovkin has aged, Canelo wasn't really that good to begin with but his fluid upper boy movement and assaults kept GGG at bay, he has to be credited. Golovkin was missing wildly and that was down to Canelo.

I scored the fight a draw and thought Jacobs beat GGG. GGG should pursue a rematch and retire, he'd get handled at super middle by the like of George Groves.

Comment

If you don't think GGG controlled the fight minus the Canelo combo spurts then I don't know what to say. I'm seriously lost. It's not even a difference of opinion. It wasn't close enough for that. Mayweather Castillo was one of those fights. This is just saying fuk your eyes try mine. Like if a kid draw on the wall and you see them. Yet they claim they didn't do it. You would get even madder because they're acting like you're slow. Canelo fans are happy for a draw, GGG fans are pissed. I'm neutral but I'm sick of them fuking people over. Since their English is basic all they do is smile and take it. Ward did not win Kov 1, Kov smiles come back and lose second fight. Horn definitely did not beat Manny. People make fun of Manny after a huge robbery like they know him personally. Clowns!!! Last night was the worse. Let ginger jump off the scales before it settled. Let ginger keep his beard. Ginger runs the entire fight and he gets a draw. The worst part is if you add the 3 scorecards ginger would have the higher score total. How in da fuk?

Comment

Working...
                      X