No announcement yet.

If AJ wins against Martin?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If AJ wins against Martin?

Now if Joshua take the match against Martin than what will happen next for AJ? Because fans & boxing world will want to see that Joshua should face some big boxing names like Fury, Wlad, Ortiz or Wilder. Because than he would not have any other option to divert attentions of media & fans by finding some other easy tasks after winning against Martin. Whats your views about this topic?

He will get usual trash IBF mandatories. Hearn will sort that out.

Hearn already said the mandatories he would fight would be the type of guys he would be fighting next anyway i.e not Ortiz, Fury etc... that's why they took the fight with Martin, easiest route to a title and doesn't need to step up in level that much to win or defend it.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
      He will get usual trash IBF mandatories. Hearn will sort that out.

Hearn already said the mandatories he would fight would be the type of guys he would be fighting next anyway i.e not Ortiz, Fury etc... that's why they took the fight with Martin, easiest route to a title and doesn't need to step up in level that much to win or defend it.
      the next IBF mandatory will be parker or takam. well, it's supposed to be; i guess we'll find out soon whether they're still accepting bribes or have really cleaned up

i'm thinking joshua will get two voluntaries, the first being a relatively easy one and the second being david haye. if he gets through that unscathed then i reckon they'll choose to unify rather than face a risky but low profile opponent like parker or takam

Comment

I think he will be moved at a snail's pace. Expect some ridiculously bad mandatories.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing@2016 View Post
          Now if Joshua take the match against Martin than what will happen next for AJ? Because fans & boxing world will want to see that Joshua should face some big boxing names like Fury, Wlad, Ortiz or Wilder. Because than he would not have any other option to divert attentions of media & fans by finding some other easy tasks after winning against Martin. Whats your views about this topic?
          If he beats Martin he will go back to fighting guys like Minto.

Comment

Better question is what if he doesn't. Because he damn well should beat an out of shape, crappy fighter like Martin.

Comment

Most definitely a IBF mandatory vs either Takam or Parker , or if he's allowed a mandatory then someone further down the list.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing@2016 View Post
                as you put it, you would expect him to face top opponents but how many title holders do that these days? We will just get the same old excuse "he's too inexperienced", "he hasn't had enough fights" etc.

I believe hearn will milk him for a 2 or more years and then finally get him a big unification with a weak opponent.

Comment

Theres higher expectations at Heavyweight, its the marquee division of the sport. People expect a unified title - Wlad really only got a pass because of Vitali, and then the WBC title became irrelevant when he retired.

AJ can't pull a Kell Brook and expect to retain his popularity. No way. A Haye fight will happen at some point, and the IBF mandatory will be one of the best fighters in the division.

Comment

Like some of the guys above said, defences vs people that he 'should' beat for a year or so. It will be taken slow, understandably, but it will be frustrating because the whole while you can bet we will be hearing all sorts of hype but in the meantime their true intention will be to move slow for a good while.

I expect a slow string of defences for a year/year and a half while the fans are kept interested by the talk and the hype rather than the actual bouts. I'd imagine talk of Haye, Fury and Wilder will keep us interested somewhat while be bowls over some weaker guys first. Like I said, I understand it, it is just frustrating because if indeed that ends up being the case, then his shot at a portion of the title is obviously too soon.

Comment

Working...
                    X