Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Mayweather ever fight an opponent we really want him to?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No he won't ever fight the guys people want him to fight. Its the one up rule. The fights he picks are never the fights people want once they're signed no matter how much it was sought pre-contract. The guy he should fight is always one fight ahead. Y'all know this. It very simple logic.

Comment

• Th fighter that Floyd hasn't fought that I wanted to see him fight is Manny; I could care less that he didn't fight Margarito and nobody that I know wanted to see that fight.

Comment

• Floyd Mayweather NEEDS to lose in order to liberate Boxing.

Not that I personally WANT this, but it NEEDS to happen. If he was at least an active fighter with a Title, there would be relevance to his fights and I would retract my statement. But all he is, is a Celebrity Part-time Fighter now with the only selling point of relevance being his Undefeated record.

This is not good for Boxing. Imagine if Roger Federer didn't have to defend his #1 ranking in Tennis, and could just skip out on tournaments because he won them all and doesn't have to prove nothing to anybody, yet remained ranked as #1 and made all the money. Of course it doesn't work that way in Tennis or any other sport. It's not about the individuals, it's about the sport and them abiding by the same rules as everyone else.

Lets all come together in bipartisan fashion and embrace the defeat of Floyd Mayweather, which will hopefully be soon. And then may he and Manny go ride off into the sunset. Or they can finally face off in a less stellar fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
          Floyd Mayweather NEEDS to lose in order to liberate Boxing.

Not that I personally WANT this, but it NEEDS to happen. If he was at least an active fighter with a Title, there would be relevance to his fights and I would retract my statement. But all he is, is a Celebrity Part-time Fighter now with the only selling point of relevance being his Undefeated record.

This is not good for Boxing. Imagine if Roger Federer didn't have to defend his #1 ranking in Tennis, and could just skip out on tournaments because he won them all and doesn't have to prove nothing to anybody, yet remained ranked as #1 and made all the money. Of course it doesn't work that way in Tennis or any other sport. It's not about the individuals, it's about the sport and them abiding by the same rules as everyone else.

Lets all come together in bipartisan fashion and embrace the defeat of Floyd Mayweather, which will hopefully be soon. And then may he and Manny go ride off into the sunset. Or they can finally face off in a less stellar fight.
          ..but ..but he's fighting the ATG, dragon slayer Robert Guerrero!

Comment

I agree with you most won't be happy until he loses; honestly to me I think Floyd will fight until he loses.

Comment

Goodpost...

Comment

Sadly Floyd will never fight a legit fighter who stands a chance or is willing not to take a pay off!

Comment

• Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
                  Sadly Floyd will never fight a legit fighter who stands a chance or is willing not to take a pay off!
                  Does that sound logical beating Floyd will make you more money than taking a dive

Comment

• The supposed best fighter of our era should have the best resume of our era, but he simply doesn't

Head to head, Mayweather might win now but Pacquiao is going to ranked higher on the ATG ladder simply because his resume is so much better.

Comment

• Originally posted by techliam View Post
                      The supposed best fighter of our era should have the best resume of our era, but he simply doesn't

Head to head, Mayweather might win now but Pacquiao is going to ranked higher on the ATG ladder simply because his resume is so much better.
                      That's utter horse****; when there resumes damn near have the same names on them; people overrate Manny because he picked to lose to the same guys Floyd was picked to beat which makes it seems extradaiornary.

Comment

Working...
                      X