Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was RJJ too fast at MW to be beaten by anyone?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elijahlyric View Post
    I'm glad you brought this up, and your totally right. and the funny thing is that RJJ beat Sugar Boy Mlinga right after Malinga beat Benn. Than he KO'd Reggie Johnson in spectacular fashion right after Johnson beat Collins, Than he humiliated Julio Gonzalez with 3 knockdowns right after Gonzalez beat Dariusz. And in sports you don't go back in challenge the loser in any sport. That's like the Seahawks beating the Redskins and their opponent in the next round challenges the Redskins.. Go Figure! Also I point out that RJJ was set to challenge Tarver, but Tarver had lost a decision in a title eliminator to Eric Harding on ESPN. That's why RJJ fought Harding and TKO'd him. Tarver had to work his way to another title shot. That's when RJJ moved up to heavy, tarver had to go through Harding again and beat the #2 guy in Montell Griffin

Jones beat Gonzalez in July 2001. Gonzalez beat Michalczewski in October 2003. So you were only wrong by about 2-3 years!

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
      First off Roy had about 20 bouts as a middleweight!
      Hagler was far past his best with Leonard why do you think Leonard waited so long to answer the challenge!
      Hagler had tuffer sparring partners in Philly than Roy. Roy was a very good fighter but he's not the best middleweight especially after a handfull of bouts!

Lets talk Robinson, same size, abit more experience? By about 150 bouts!! Compare records?? How about Burley??

Whats the use you don't even know who these men were, if you did you wouldn't think Jones was "sliced bread", actually I'm getting to bored with all the huggers here! I like Roy and I did like him best at 160 but he wasn't the best he was a top twenty with a terrific class of very good fighters to compare too! But a handfull of fights doesn't give you the crown even if you won them all, I'll bet 50% of the opponents no one has ever heard of then and now! Ray.
      Leonard was way past it too!

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
        Hagler lost too Duran ?.
        Of course he did. Jeez man, for someone that seems to know his stuff, you sure must be pretty slow to have missed this major, historical fight in which Duran beat Hagler and won the lineal 160 crown and became the only fighter ever to win the lineal 135, 147 and 160 titles. Duran=GOAT with that win. ATGs and HOFers in every title win.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
          First off Roy had about 20 bouts as a middleweight!
          Hagler was far past his best with Leonard why do you think Leonard waited so long to answer the challenge!
          Hagler had tuffer sparring partners in Philly than Roy. Roy was a very good fighter but he's not the best middleweight especially after a handfull of bouts!

Lets talk Robinson, same size, abit more experience? By about 150 bouts!! Compare records?? How about Burley??

Whats the use you don't even know who these men were, if you did you wouldn't think Jones was "sliced bread", actually I'm getting to bored with all the huggers here! I like Roy and I did like him best at 160 but he wasn't the best he was a top twenty with a terrific class of very good fighters to compare too! But a handfull of fights doesn't give you the crown even if you won them all, I'll bet 50% of the opponents no one has ever heard of then and now! Ray.
          That's right, Leonard waited nearly 6 years, and had only 1 fight in that time, just for Hagler to look a bit slower. He deliberately poked himself in the eye too, just to give him an excuse not to get in the ring for 3 years before fighting Hagler.

Being out of the ring for 3 years, having a detached retina, and having only 1 fight in nearly 6 years sure made Leonard sharper than ever though.

No one is claiming that Jones is better than all these guys Ray. You often mistake all of us noobs, hacks, know-nothing morons and haterz, for saying stuff that no one is actually saying.

If you are so bored by it, why the hell do you keep coming back over and over adding nothing more than your usual fare of ego maniacal ravings and insults?

Comment

it is my opinion that a prime Hagler stops RJJ in the late rounds (9-12), but Hagler is a mile behind on the cards at the time of the stoppage

Comment

Originally posted by Cardinal Buck View Post
              Dawson could give Toney problems outside. Froch and Kessler could cause problems by virtue of superior conditioning. I'd favor Toney against all, but it's unrealistic to think that he'd easily beat them.
              Speaking of conditioning, it always depends with Toney. If it is the Toney of say McCallum 1 showing up, I highly doubt crude fighters like Froch or Kessler would cause any problem. If is one of the many lethargic nights, yes they could cause problems. But if you don't have a good combination of movement and defense, I don't see the superior conditioning translating into much more than winning 3 rounds.

Comment

bennyst ........if you don't like my comments just ignore them! I don't care what you think so why care what I say, grow up and move on! Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Bob View Post
                  it is my opinion that a prime Hagler stops RJJ in the late rounds (9-12), but Hagler is a mile behind on the cards at the time of the stoppage
                  This is a good prediction.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Bob View Post
                    My feeling exactly, but when Hagler puts him out, it will be devastating.

Comment

• You dont feel RJJ could get the lead and then run until the bell?

Comment

Working...
                      X