No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Peter Fury on Tyson Fury’s Progress, Rise in Status

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Peter Fury on Tyson Fury’s Progress, Rise in Status

Peter Fury, the trainer of Greater Manchester-based heavyweight contender Tyson Fury, has had a busy couple of days. The former professional fighter guided the former British and Commonwealth champion to a wide decision win over American’s Kevin Johnson in Belfast on Saturday night before heading out to Armenia to see his son, Hughie, compete in the World Youth Championships amateur tournament. Hughie netted a win over Kazakhstan’s Kanagat Akhmedov earlier today to ease into the semifinals, he is guaranteed a bronze medal, which the Fury family can add to the bronze Tyson won in the 2006 World Youth Championships, with the hope of silver or gold still hanging in the air.

[Click Here To Read More]

Tyson's performance over Johnson was disciplined and professional. His uncle is perfect for him. A year or so down the line when Tyson's even better conditioned and disciplined I'm convinced he can win a world title. He needs to avoid showboating though and keep his eye on his opponent at all times...he celebrated a fast flurry against Johnson by raising his hands and looking away. He was lucky not to have been punished for that.

Comment

Loving everything Peter Fury says in this article, could be the start of a successful training career.

Comment

surprisingly insightful and not what you would expect, this bloke seems to have his head screwed on.

Comment

The people who ripped Fury's performance vs Johnson must have been watching a different fight than I was. I was very impressed with Fury's discipline, his jab, his combinations and hand speed, his movement. Maybe it wasn't some blood and guts outing, but Fury showed the kind of discipline it will take to win a world title. He can box to a game plan.

For me, very impressive -- Peter Fury has transformed his nephew into a top class heavyweight who has a very good chance of succeeding the Klitschkos. Fury is a better boxer than David Price, who may have more power. The style Fury used against Johnson would give Price or even the Klitschkos fits.

Comment

Peter Fury seems like a damn good trainer from reading this exerpt. Some good insight here. Besides, his name is outstanding. Beware the wrath of Peter Fury!

Comment

Fury will get found out big time over the next year, he is a glorified club fighter. I cant believe anyone was impressed by the fact he looked quick and disciplined against Johnson who is just heavy bag with eyes, frankly it would be hard to look bad against a useless lazy lump like Kingpin. Sooner David Price KO's this bloke the better.

Comment

Originally posted by hogey View Post
                Fury will get found out big time over the next year, he is a glorified club fighter. I cant believe anyone was impressed by the fact he looked quick and disciplined against Johnson who is just heavy bag with eyes, frankly it would be hard to look bad against a useless lazy lump like Kingpin. Sooner David Price KO's this bloke the better.
                Kingpin is actually a very decent, smart fighter. Just not physically gifted. His defence is excellent; almost like a fat Mayweather!

Comment

Originally posted by The Nephilim View Post
                  The people who ripped Fury's performance vs Johnson must have been watching a different fight than I was. I was very impressed with Fury's discipline, his jab, his combinations and hand speed, his movement. Maybe it wasn't some blood and guts outing, but Fury showed the kind of discipline it will take to win a world title. He can box to a game plan.

For me, very impressive -- Peter Fury has transformed his nephew into a top class heavyweight who has a very good chance of succeeding the Klitschkos. Fury is a better boxer than David Price, who may have more power. The style Fury used against Johnson would give Price or even the Klitschkos fits.
                  Fury isn't remotely near to Price, ability wise, and is light years away from the Klitchko's. Price and the Klitchko's have far more power, which is due in part to their physical and technical superiority over that overhyped, bloated arm puncher.
                  Price would k.o Fury inside 5 or 6 rounds, and either Klitchko would ruin him. Mark my words!

Comment

Originally posted by Gypsy John Fury View Post
                    Kingpin is actually a very decent, smart fighter. Just not physically gifted. His defence is excellent; almost like a fat Mayweather!
                    Fair enough we are all entitle to our opinions mate, but all i see is a lazy, immobile, lump with no power or fitness and barely a recognizable name on his record. Frankly he was not much better than the clown who went in the ring with Flintoff and the idea he was fighting in a world title eliminator is a disgrace to boxing.

Comment

Working...
                    X